Greetings from Laramie, WY

Welcome aboard Cornell Cowboy. Who is your outfitter? What will you be hunting? Will any of your family be hunting as well? The AH search function is your friend, use it often.
I booked with KMG Hunting Safaris. We'll be hunting plains game -- I'm hoping for kudu, nyala, impala, and hopefully some opportunity animals. Were hunting 2 father/son hunts with my dad and I doing the "father" parts of the hunts and my three boys hunting the two "son" parts of the hunt, rotating through. My wife and mother will be observers/sightseers.

Cornell Cowboy, if possible, let grandpa do a hunt with one or both of your sons. I doubt you have any idea how much "joy" you dad will get, hunting with his grandsons. Several years ago, my youngest grandson asked his father "who taught you Deer Camp?" My son answered "Opa" meaning me. My grandson then asked his dad, "do you think Opa would teach me Deer Camp?" His question almost brought tears to my eyes. Obviously, the answer was yes.

Cornell Cowboy I will be in Laramie June 30-July3 for the Wyoming State Trapshoot. Plenty of down time if you would like to visit a little just let me know as there is nothing I enjoy more than visitng about my trip to Africa

Cornell Cowboy, if possible, let grandpa do a hunt with one or both of your sons. I doubt you have any idea how much "joy" you dad will get, hunting with his grandsons. Several years ago, my youngest grandson asked his father "who taught you Deer Camp?" My son answered "Opa" meaning me. My grandson then asked his dad, "do you think Opa would teach me Deer Camp?" His question almost brought tears to my eyes. Obviously, the answer was yes.
I have three sons, so he'll likely have at least one of them hunting with him the entire time. Two of them were actually with him for his last elk and they did the lion's share of the skinning work for him!!

Welcome to the best forum! Enjoy! Let us know if we can help you in any way.

You mistakenly left zebra and bushbuck off your list. . .

The boys really want zebra, I haven't thought much about bushbuck
Bushbuck was the one animal I really wanted but did not have the opportunity when I was there for my first trip. They are just a really cool animal. Kind of hunt them like we Whitetail here and they act a lot alike.

Welcome to AH! Lots of great people here! Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Hello from Laramie, WY. I've checked in on this forum off and on over the years. Just booked my first hunt in Africa for summer 2024, so I'm on here more often now in hopes of picking up some good tips.

I mostly hunt elk, deer, and antelope in my home state of Wyoming. But I've killed some whitetails and a wolf outside the state.
Cornell Cowboy

Enjoy the anticipation of your African safari. Before you know it, you are in Africa!

Cornell Cowboy I will be in Laramie June 30-July3 for the Wyoming State Trapshoot. Plenty of down time if you would like to visit a little just let me know as there is nothing I enjoy more than visitng about my trip to Africa
Thanks for the invite, but I'm hoping to be out in the woods that week!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg