Greeting from a Whitetail hunter

Finn fan

AH member
Reaction score
Articles
Hello all,
I have read on the forums for some time but finally decided to join.

I have have been a life long whitetail hunter, over 38 years with 35 kills. Most of those have been with a 12 gauge slug. However recently the laws were changes to allow rifles and I currently love hunting with my pair of 7X57's. I shoot a Mark X mannlicher and a custom build on an FN mauser action.

I hunt all the small game I can and have been I life long Lab owner. I currently am between dogs.

I reload for everything.

My favorite author is Finn Aagaard. I greatly enjoy his nonsense style and his experience. I wish I could have met him.

I have always wanted to go to Africa but barring an unexpected windfall of some unknown type, I may never make it. You know the drill, mortgage, kids college, vehicles......

But I love to read about it and dream about it.

I greatly enjoy this website!

Seasons greetings
Tim

Welcome to the forum Tim. Your dream might be realized sooner than you think. Just never give up.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH.

Welcome Tim! I am pretty much whitetail obsessed! I have killed quite a few deer with a 12 gauge slug. Welcome to the forum and once you get to Africa you will have a totally new obsession!

Welcome sir, I ALWAYS FELT THE SAME WAY AS YOU BUT......IT DID HAPPEN. Never say never. There are some great deals to be had.

Welcome aboard. You can huntAfrica cheaper then out west for elk. I'm going for the first time in March and its costing me less then my brothers Elk hunt this year.

Welcome!!!

Like others have said don't give up dream!!!!

Welcome to AH, Tim!

Welcome to AH, Africa is a better deal, IMO< than any other destination. It's cheaper than an out west hunt (for me - I live on the east coast) and they are south of the equator so it's winter there when it's summer here!!!
You control the costs! There's a daily rate and trophy fees and that's it,
BE prepared for some expensive taxidermy fees!!!

Welcome to the forum buddy .
I never thought i would ever be able to afford to hunt Africa .
Now ive spent a month there hunting and starting to plan another 4 week hunter 2017 .
The kids leave home (eventually ?), the morgage gets smaller and the car becomes freehold (eventually ?)
Your time will come !
It is only a dream if you let it be !!!
Make it a reality .

Welcome to AH!

Welcome,
I always thought Africa was for the wealthy, ( MORE MONEY HELPS ) , but I made up my mind and worked overtime, saved for the once in a lifetime trip, before I got home from the first trip I was already trying to figure out how to go back. well 3 trips to Africa and I am still working overtime to do it again. well blessed to have a company that I can get more overtime than I want. Forrest

Welcome to the forum Tim. Keep your dream and start saving now! A little put back every month will get you there one day!

Welcome to AH... stay positive and you will get to Africa!!!!!

Hi Tim, welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!