CZ550FS

Bonk

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
845
Reaction score
2,562
Location
Kentucky, USA
Media
8
Member of
Life Member NRA
Traded for these two today. Local FTF. The top one is a 9.3x62 and the bottom one is a 308. I'm always on the lookout for good deals on CZ550s and I hit the jackpot with these two.

tempImagerdHFEy.jpg
 
Excellent grab. I've a hard time leaving a well priced 550 on the store shelf, myself.
 
Traded for these two today. Local FTF. The top one is a 9.3x62 and the bottom one is a 308. I'm always on the lookout for good deals on CZ550s and I hit the jackpot with these two.

View attachment 453499
How do you like the European stocks vs. the American straight stock? I've never had the opportunity to shot a rifle with the Euro stock.
 
The action alone would be worth the price, but the Stutzen full wood stocks look nice as well.
 
SWEET!! I love the full-length stock, that is one style that I don't have. That 9.3 x 62 is awfully close to the 35 Whelen which I dearly love. You should be glad you saw it before I did. :giggle: you, :(me.
 
My African Rifle was a Fullstock 550 in 308, an accurate lightweight carry rifle
 
How do you like the European stocks vs. the American straight stock? I've never had the opportunity to shot a rifle with the Euro stock.
I like Euro stocks with certain calibers and configurations. My 375H&H had a Euro stock and that's about the biggest caliber I'd want to shoot with a Euro stock. I've since put the 375H&H in a Bell & Carson stock and it's a much better combo IMO. OTOH, I intend to shoot both of these rifles using the iron sights and the Euro style stocks allow me to get down on the stock making the iron sights easier to use. I also have a CZ550 American in 9.3x62 and that one is scoped.
 
Sweet!
 
Great finds! I tried picking up a used 550 FS in 9.3x62 on Gunbroker last year but bowed out when the bidding went wild (I believe it closed at over $2,200). Those are precious commodities now. Congrats!
 
How do you like the European stocks vs. the American straight stock? I've never had the opportunity to shot a rifle with the Euro stock.
I have a 550FS in 9.3x62 and I really like the Euro stock. I have shot it with the iron sights and scoped. Sight picture with both was natural and comfortable. Very nice rifle. I don't ever plan on selling mine.
 
Sh*t, and I thought they were for sale when I saw the topic 550FS. I thought it meant 550 For Sale. LMAO!!!!! OOPS!
 
I have a CZ550FS in 6.5x55 that I am putting up for sale. Anyone interested please PM me and I will furnish photos and details.
 
Hmmm. Interesting idea. I also have a CZ550 American 9.3x62. That would make a great platform for 9.3x64. I'd keep the FS as is and rechamber the American to 9.3x64. Now you got me thinking.........
 
Hmmm. Interesting idea. I also have a CZ550 American 9.3x62. That would make a great platform for 9.3x64. I'd keep the FS as is and rechamber the American to 9.3x64. Now you got me thinking.........

Yes it would and the longer barrel will get you more velocity than the short barrel FS. But, i wouldn't trade mine for anything ! :)
 
Great looking rifles. I love the full length stock. I brought a full length stock rifle both times I went to Africa, a Mannlicher-Shoenauer in .270 and a 416 Rigby.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,328
Messages
1,573,141
Members
169,709
Latest member
Dwayne59A
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top