CZ550FS

Bonk

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member NRA
Traded for these two today. Local FTF. The top one is a 9.3x62 and the bottom one is a 308. I'm always on the lookout for good deals on CZ550s and I hit the jackpot with these two.

tempImagerdHFEy.jpg

Excellent grab. I've a hard time leaving a well priced 550 on the store shelf, myself.

Traded for these two today. Local FTF. The top one is a 9.3x62 and the bottom one is a 308. I'm always on the lookout for good deals on CZ550s and I hit the jackpot with these two.

View attachment 453499
How do you like the European stocks vs. the American straight stock? I've never had the opportunity to shot a rifle with the Euro stock.

The action alone would be worth the price, but the Stutzen full wood stocks look nice as well.

SWEET!! I love the full-length stock, that is one style that I don't have. That 9.3 x 62 is awfully close to the 35 Whelen which I dearly love. You should be glad you saw it before I did. :giggle: you, :(me.

My African Rifle was a Fullstock 550 in 308, an accurate lightweight carry rifle

How do you like the European stocks vs. the American straight stock? I've never had the opportunity to shot a rifle with the Euro stock.
I like Euro stocks with certain calibers and configurations. My 375H&H had a Euro stock and that's about the biggest caliber I'd want to shoot with a Euro stock. I've since put the 375H&H in a Bell & Carson stock and it's a much better combo IMO. OTOH, I intend to shoot both of these rifles using the iron sights and the Euro style stocks allow me to get down on the stock making the iron sights easier to use. I also have a CZ550 American in 9.3x62 and that one is scoped.

Sweet!

Great finds! I tried picking up a used 550 FS in 9.3x62 on Gunbroker last year but bowed out when the bidding went wild (I believe it closed at over $2,200). Those are precious commodities now. Congrats!

I have a 550FS in 9.3x62 and I really like the Euro stock. I have shot it with the iron sights and scoped. Sight picture with both was natural and comfortable. Very nice rifle. I don't ever plan on selling mine.

Sh*t, and I thought they were for sale when I saw the topic 550FS. I thought it meant 550 For Sale. LMAO!!!!! OOPS!

I have a CZ550FS in 6.5x55 that I am putting up for sale. Anyone interested please PM me and I will furnish photos and details.

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I also have a CZ550 American 9.3x62. That would make a great platform for 9.3x64. I'd keep the FS as is and rechamber the American to 9.3x64. Now you got me thinking.........

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I also have a CZ550 American 9.3x62. That would make a great platform for 9.3x64. I'd keep the FS as is and rechamber the American to 9.3x64. Now you got me thinking.........

Yes it would and the longer barrel will get you more velocity than the short barrel FS. But, i wouldn't trade mine for anything ! :)

Great looking rifles. I love the full length stock. I brought a full length stock rifle both times I went to Africa, a Mannlicher-Shoenauer in .270 and a 416 Rigby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg