Caught the bug....

I recently returned from my first trip to South Africa, and a beast has been awakened! I am actively researching what I want the next trip to be and am enjoying going through the site!

Jared in Wisconsin
Jared, you crack me up. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am not even a hunter ...but joining my husband on his Tanzanian hunt now has me totally obsessed with Africa. I just got home from a trip to Ireland....and while it was wonderful....it wasn't AFRICA. I am now ruined to go anywhere else. I just want to keep going back to the place that captured my heart! Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Happy adventures. Sue Tidwell

Hello schmijar / Jared,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you can spare a moment, have a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog / Paul.

I recently returned from my first trip to South Africa, and a beast has been awakened! I am actively researching what I want the next trip to be and am enjoying going through the site!

Jared in Wisconsin

Welcome to AH! Please write up a hunt report, would like to read more about your first trip to Africa.

Back to back 2017-18 just returned from 2023 trip. The hunting is 40% of the journey and the rest is the friends you make and learning how different the life is away from home

Welcome to AH schmijar! Nice to have you join us.

Welcome to AH, Jared.

Awesome Jared, what part of SA did you go to?Do you have any specific species that you want to hunt the next time around?
We have some great options in SA also plains game hunting in Zambia.

Jared in Wisconsin

Welcome to our forum Jared. Since you are already apparently hooked on Africa, it should be much easier for you to learn from the forum and to quickly learn how to write the hunt reports that we all look forward to.

G'day from Australia

Welcome to AH Jared, if Zambia can be on your radar we are here to provide you with a top-notch safari in the south part of Luangwa Valley !

All the best,
Michael
Mbizi Safaris Ltd Est. 1992

"Hi, my name is Jared and I"m addicted to hunting Africa" :D

Welcome to AH, the price of admission is a hunting report on this first trip of yours. I too always thought I'd only ever do this once. But I cannot think of anything else but going back!
Admission price paid, see the hunt reports page

Welcome to AH

Let me know if you might be interested in Namibia or need any information.

I once had dreams of hunting all over the place...blacktail in Alaska, stag in Scotland...but after my first safari, all I can think about is going back again and again!
Exactly, once I got used to a comfortable bed, wonderful fires to sit by with sundowners, how showers every day, clean and pressed clothes every day, I never looked back on sleeping in a bunkhouse with 3 guys smoking and snoring!!

Exactly, once I got used to a comfortable bed, wonderful fires to sit by with sundowners, how showers every day, clean and pressed clothes every day, I never looked back on sleeping in a bunkhouse with 3 guys smoking and snoring!!
Or sleeping in a tent in sub zero weather eating food prepared by a half star chef/Guide out of a freshly opened can!

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you