Caught the bug....

schmijar

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I recently returned from my first trip to South Africa, and a beast has been awakened! I am actively researching what I want the next trip to be and am enjoying going through the site!

Jared in Wisconsin

It's a short, fast fall from "once in a lifetime trip" to "How the crap can I make this happen as often as possible??"

I genuinely went into my first thinking that would probably be it. I am 3.5 weeks out from wheels up on time number two, and this time I'm not even pretending it'll be the last.

Best of wishes on your own addiction solutions. Welcome to the site. Contribute often. A write-up and photos of time number one would be a dandy start.

I recently returned from my first trip to South Africa, and a beast has been awakened! I am actively researching what I want the next trip to be and am enjoying going through the site!

Jared in Wisconsin
It's a slippery slope, my friend!

I once had dreams of hunting all over the place...blacktail in Alaska, stag in Scotland...but after my first safari, all I can think about is going back again and again!

:S Welcome: to AH!

Welcome aboard, Jared. Which part of Wisconsin? There are quite a few of us on here.

Hello and welcome!

welcome welcome welcome

any questions or queries feel free to ask

Welcome to AH.

Africa the worse drug known to mankind.

Good day! Welcome!

Jared in Wisconsin

"Hi, my name is Jared and I"m addicted to hunting Africa" :D

Welcome to AH, the price of admission is a hunting report on this first trip of yours. I too always thought I'd only ever do this once. But I cannot think of anything else but going back!

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH!

Was looking at eBay in 2005 and saw a fella in Africa wanting to trade day fees for a pair of Zeiss binos and a rangefinder. Day fees? What the hell are day fees? Never knew of a website like this. No info at all about hunting Africa.

“Hey baby, wanna go to Africa and go hunting?”

“Sure. Let’s go”

That was about 11 trips ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg