Airline help for first trip over

Gracy Travel charged us $230 per ticket for booking!
You won't find that with Travel Express - maximum agency charge is $150 on rare occasion and normally $75-100 per person. We try to keep our fees at a minimum but can't work for nothing.

Gracy Travel charged us $230 per ticket for booking!
They saved me $1400 on business class tickets to Italy last year (each). Hey, but no big deal. Don't use them. My experience is that they are invaluable.

When we bought tickets this year I shopped the travel sites and found that I could book direct with Delta for the same price as the lowest fare that I could find on the booking sites and also get a comfort plus upgrade at no additional cost. 1768 round trip from Idaho Falls to Johannesburg but that is traveling over in Sept and back in Oct and fares are usually a little cheaper by then.

They saved me $1400 on business class tickets to Italy last year (each). Hey, but no big deal. Don't use them. My experience is that they are invaluable.
Agree with Red Leg, they did in one day what I tried to do (and was unsuccessful) for 4 days, and charged me $75 recently for a ticket from Pristina Kosovo to and back from Pensacola, and coming back was business class!

When we bought tickets this year I shopped the travel sites and found that I could book direct with Delta for the same price as the lowest fare that I could find on the booking sites and also get a comfort plus upgrade at no additional cost. 1768 round trip from Idaho Falls to Johannesburg but that is traveling over in Sept and back in Oct and fares are usually a little cheaper by then.
THAT, was a good deal!!!

I wish we had used Lori. We were steered to Gracy by our booking agent. When I first tried to contact them they wouldn't answer calls or emails. The booking agent had to get involved. They booked tickets for the exact price I could get them myself. No savings there. Now they tell me I must keep track of our returning flight for changes or cancellations. That will be fun as we have no internet where we are going. I'm not impressed so far. Thank god we are experienced travelers.

I wish we had used Lori. We were steered to Gracy by our booking agent. When I first tried to contact them they wouldn't answer calls or emails. The booking agent had to get involved. They booked tickets for the exact price I could get them myself. No savings there. Now they tell me I must keep track of our returning flight for changes or cancellations. That will be fun as we have no internet where we are going. I'm not impressed so far. Thank god we are experienced travelers.
I am truly surprised to hear that. I have used them almost exclusively since 2008 (that would include two trips to Argentina, four to Africa, three or four to Canada (one of which Lori handled very competently) and have had nothing but tremendous support and service. We are headed to Spain in October where we will hunt for three days and play tourists for ten. They have put together air travel - plus cars, drivers, and guides where requested within Spain. Based on a similar expedition to Italy last year, I fully expect everything to work like clockwork - and without any headaches on my part.

Did you try SAA? They might code share with Delta

I am truly surprised to hear that. I have used them almost exclusively since 2008 (that would include two trips to Argentina, four to Africa, three or four to Canada (one of which Lori handled very competently) and have had nothing but tremendous support and service. We are headed to Spain in October where we will hunt for three days and play tourists for ten. They have put together air travel - plus cars, drivers, and guides where requested within Spain. Based on a similar expedition to Italy last year, I fully expect everything to work like clockwork - and without any headaches on my part.
Going to Eibar while in your tourist mode?

I paid $1715 going this September from Denver to Joberg to Port Elizabeth using Worldwide Trophy Adventures (WTA) which is the travel agency department of Cabelas. WTA was formerly known as Cabelas Outdoor Adventures. The thing that sold me was the fact that I could use my Cabelas Club Visa points and Cabelas gift cards towards my plane ticket. I had enough "points" saved up to get a free ride to South Africa!!!!

I paid $1715 going this September from Denver to Joberg to Port Elizabeth using Worldwide Trophy Adventures (WTA) which is the travel agency department of Cabelas. WTA was formerly known as Cabelas Outdoor Adventures. The thing that sold me was the fact that I could use my Cabelas Club Visa points and Cabelas gift cards towards my plane ticket. I had enough "points" saved up to get a free ride to South Africa!!!!
You must be one of Cabela's favorite customers!

Going to Eibar while in your tourist mode?
Lol. Would like to but am likely pushing it with her ladyship in a hunting lodge for three nights. Afraid most of the remainder of the visit will center around El Greco's, restaurants and shopping (and not for guns!).

Lol. Would like to but am likely pushing it with her ladyship in a hunting lodge for three nights. Afraid most of the remainder of the visit will center around El Greco's, restaurants and shopping (and not for guns!).
As Bill would say, "I feel your pain"...

Do not go through Amsterdam!
Let a travel agent take care of it for you. Yes Delta has gone up.
Travel agents highly recommended:
Gracy Travel
Travel Express
Travel With Guns

Regards,
Philip
P.S. Lori with Travel Express just got me a $1500 round trip ticket on SAA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you