Ahoy from Washington State

Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
SA, USA, Fiji
For the last few years, I followed a number of threads on Africa Hunting especially on the 303 and 9.3x62. I learned a great deal and it helped me hone my weapons and hand loads. After returning from my second trip to Africa, using both those calibers, I have so much meaningful experience to share. My first trip to Africa, 19 years ago, was to film a hunting movie using nothing but a 454 Casull . Handgunning Africa followed myself and my late guide, Claude Kleynhans, take 9 animals with the Freedom Arms revolver. I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Sincerely,

Mark aka 454

Welcome to AH Mark!

Welcome to our forum Mark! You already have a story to tell us.

Share the tales from the days of yore.

Welcome to the posting side.

Welcome from another WA guy. You dry side or wet?

Giday and welcome to the AH forums Mark.

Welcome aboard Mark aka 454. I envy guys that can use a 454 Casull accurately. My handgun hunting stops at White Tailed deer with a 44 Magnum. Do you own a 9.3 x 62, if so, what make is it?

Welcome to AH sir. We have another AH member @edward who has hunted African Game with a hand gun!

Welcome to AH Mark! Nice to have you on the posting side.

good to have another handgun hunter here on the site,my wife and i started handgun hunting in Africa in 2002,been 5 times ending in 2014 when i was forced to use my only rifle,a double in 9.3x74r because of the air lines refused to transport our handguns to our final destination.i had planed to use my scope sighted encore in 9.3x74r,oh well,times are changing sad to say,best of luck here at A.H.

Welcome Mark to AH! It sounds like you’ve had some fun adventures!

For the last few years, I followed a number of threads on Africa Hunting especially on the 303 and 9.3x62. I learned a great deal and it helped me hone my weapons and hand loads. After returning from my second trip to Africa, using both those calibers, I have so much meaningful experience to share. My first trip to Africa, 19 years ago, was to film a hunting movie using nothing but a 454 Casull . Handgunning Africa followed myself and my late guide, Claude Kleynhans, take 9 animals with the Freedom Arms revolver. I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Sincerely,

Mark aka 454
Welcome Mark, please share some pictures of your adventures

Hello and welcome!

Hi Mark, welcome to AH !

Welcome Mark! Love the FA revolver. 475 Linebaugh is my favorite flavor. Hope to never need it for griz but feel comfortable that I have it.

Welcome to AH, Mark!

welcome welcome welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg