You know you live in a cold climate when....

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
For those of you who live in hot places you are going to laugh.

The National weather service has issued a Heat Warning.

Heat warnings are issued when two or more consecutive days of 29 C or more are expected, and overnight lows don’t fall cooler than 14 C.

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 7.31.16 AM.png

Ha! Being no stranger to either, that's funny! I lived in South Dakota and Colorado for a few years and have traveled several times up to Calgary and Ft. McMurray in a previous job. I live in TX now, and I don't think it's been below 90-95 F for the last few weeks and a few days of 105-112. In fact, one of the people in my office got married on a day it was 112, and the AC broke in the reception hall!

Texas Weather, shown in Celsius for our Canadian friends. Just for giggles, I looked when the average temps drop to 29 C for the daily high - September 30th
upload_2017-7-6_10-11-8.png

I don't know how you hot climate people take it. It's been 32C here in Saskatchewan for a week now and I'm hating it. Took the girlfriend's kids and my niece on the boat the other day and felt like my brain was cooking in my skull! Your Texas temps would kill me! My ideal summer would be temps between 15-20C.

Bring on November!!!

840.JPG

So far the temps have been very mild here in Kansas and we have had a good deal of rain. It will get up to 88*F today. Wishing you folks way up north some cool fronts in the near future.

Wish we could get some of your rain @CAustin ....it's terribly dry where my Dad's farm is. Hay crop is grim.

I drove across what is called the Flint Hills in Kansas the other day. I couldn't believe how green the plains grasses were. Usually by now they are starting to turn brown from heat.
@Ragman I hope you folks get some of the rain as well.
Wish we could get some of your rain @CAustin ....it's terribly dry where my Dad's farm is. Hay crop is grim.

I live in the furnace hell of the southern Arizona desert. Soon we will be pounded by monsoons. Lightning, thunder, microbursts. Add the moisture to the sweltering heat......miserable!

The great white north sounds pretty good, right about now.

This should help cool you guys off a little
Unknown-1.jpeg

I just landed back in Houston coming from Montana, dreading getting off the plane! They had heat advisory on the news this morning and everyone is complaining. Lol. Come check out Houston for a couple days and you will thank the lord for the weather up there.

I just landed back in Houston coming from Montana, dreading getting off the plane! They had heat advisory on the news this morning and everyone is complaining. Lol. Come check out Houston for a couple days and you will thank the lord for the weather up there.

At 96 this evening I went for my four mile run. Getting used to time I guess. It wasn't that bad today.

Reminds me of an old tune...... "Roll'er in flour, til you find the wet spot"

Flip thru the folds until you smell sh*t and go back one...

Reactions: BWH
Family friends moved to Toronto from (then) Bombay India in the late 60's. They prepared themselves for the worst of our Canadian climate, and packed flannel, wool and other clothes essential to their survival in winter....they changed on the plane into their heavy clothes, and got off the plane in Toronto in July :ROFLMAO:. The first things they had to buy on arriving were new summer clothes! True story.

Go screw yourself Wayne

IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5082.JPG
I sent these back to the boys in Houston!
Can't wait to move back home

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg