AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Canada
I’m not a big whiskey or scotch drinker but have recently tried this on the advice of a friend. It is certainly not the quality of what others have listed in this post, but not bad. I like the bottle as well. I’ll try some of the good stuff if the opportunity presents itself

IMG_6364.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCKET

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
mghunting.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, South Africa
I'm a fan myself. Try the 10 yr Whistle Pig Rye. Make a great Old Fashioned.

You can get a great and tasty Mannhatan from that Rye bottle also.........;)

Waterbuck2008

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
+1 on the Manhattan. Relatively easy to make, too - Sweet vermouth, bitters and Maraschino cherries. Combine vermouth, whiskey and bitters to a recipe or taste in an ice filled shaker, shake, pour, add cherries. Mmmm mmm.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Just catching back up on this fun thread! Thanks Donnachaidh for starting it.
I guess all the group going to PawPrints in July will “only” be drinking bourbon?
Just finished my nightly red wine...tonight’s was Apothic Red blend. While at Pawprints in September, Koos introduced me to Fat Bastard blended SA wine. It was perfect for sitting at the fire watching Claudius grilling our dinner of buff steaks, or whatever was on the night’s menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

EZRider

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hi all, only thing I love more than rifles is Scottish whisky.

For Irish I like Greenspot, one of the few all barley Irish whiskeys we can get in South Africa.
In the Scottish malts I enjoy Macallan, Glenlivet, Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich.

So, all the milder, Speyside whisky and nothing with corn in it (sorry USA!)

observe

Contributor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
:whistle:o_O
27751662_1613965225360502_3313220422316817393_n.jpg

jeanes

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
TSRA Life Member, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, South Dakota
It's cold and dreary today here, so maybe time to restart this thread. I was given a bottle of Lonach scotch for Christmas. I haven't tried it yet but can't find any tasting notes. Anyone else heard of it?

JakeH

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA
I’ve got a few reliable favorites. If I’m after an American whiskey, it’s hard to beat Jack Daniels or George Dickel. For a bourbon I’m a big fan of Elijah Craig. I’ve recently taken to Jamison when I want something different.

Still haven’t found a scotch I particularly care for.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I’m not a big whiskey or scotch drinker but have recently tried this on the advice of a friend. It is certainly not the quality of what others have listed in this post, but not bad. I like the bottle as well. I’ll try some of the good stuff if the opportunity presents itself

View attachment 218634
Oh God. :Vomit:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
For Scotch I like a number of the Balvenie’s, particularly Caribbean cask, Glenmorangie Very Rare (18yr), and pretty much any MacAllan. I really like one Irish Whiskey, Middleton Very Rare. For bourbon I drink Buffalo Trace and Blanton’s. My buddy got us in the habit of taking a bottle of buffalo trace for every buff we intend to kill in Africa. The night the buff is downed the trace is opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldoCor

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.