Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
British Association of Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
England, Scotland, Namibia and Finland
With a drop of Scottish blood running through my veins, I treat myself to a bottle of single malt every Christmas. This year's choice is Oban 14 year old, and I plan to have my first dram in front of the fire tonight, after a trip out to try for a roe. I'd be interested to hear what other AH members who enjoy a glass of whisky will be sampling over the festive season; slainte!

Last edited:

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I have recently been introduced to Writers Tears (Irish whiskey) and Caribou (Quebec). Not classic single malts from the Orkneys but lovely in their own right.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
You’ll enjoy the Oban.
Somehow a bottle of Bushmills 21 migrated to the front of the cabinet the other day after feeling ignored. That will be remedied.
Cheers

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I use to drink nothing but single malts neat with a water back. As I have gotten older (lucky me to have made it this far!) I get heartburn from scotch. Bummer because I did enjoy it so! Now I prefer two glasses of a red blend wine nightly.
I mostly preferred the less smoky highland single malts except when I had a good heavy grilled fillet of elk, or venison, or antelope, or bear rump, or even (heaven forbid!) beef!

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My tastes are admittedly unsophisticated. I just prefer a nice Canadian Blend. A bit of Crown Royal for me.

Then my tastes are REALLY unsophisticated.......to the point of being "trailer trash"! I like Jim Beam "Red Stag".

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Then my tastes are REALLY unsophisticated.......to the point of being "trailer trash"! I like Jim Beam "Red Stag".

Oh boy....I must really live in the gutter! I don't like the taste of spirits or wine :oops: I'm just a beer drinking Canadian Hoser! :D Beers:

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
A glass of Dewars - it was the drink of choice for my wife's grandfather who has since passed away. Kind of a Christmas tradition now.

Otherwise a nice 2 finger pour of Oban sounds pretty tasty, a good choice!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Oh boy....I must really live in the gutter! I don't like the taste of spirits or wine :oops: I'm just a beer drinking Canadian Hoser! :D Beers:
I’m right their with you except I do like wine. I’ve tried to like whiskey, scotch, and bourbon but despite my best efforts I can do it. :Yuck: I do however love rum.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Last edited:

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
If you guys like rum, try to find a bottle of Rhum Barbancourt (15 year) when you can. It used to be almost impossible to find in the US (and I am assuming Canada), but they have been exporting more of it and have a little better distribution chain now than they used to.

Its a relatively inexpensive Haitian rum. I used to buy the 4yr stuff for less than $5 for a 750ml bottle in Port Au Prince and the 15yr stuff used to go for about $12.. Its about double that here in the states though..

Barbancourt is like drinking a rainbow stirred with a unicorn horn... magical! :D

Brent in Az

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA - Az, NM, CO, MT, MN.
Awhile back I came across an internet ad for high end booze. They had bottles of 20+ year old Scotch for $1200. Yikes.!

I can't afford that expensive stuff, but it's nice to enjoy a good Scotch, and a fine Cigar on occasion

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
My whiskey tastes arent too terribly high end.. and I tend to change up what I keep in the house quite a bit..

Lately I've been sipping on Angels Envy bourbon, Tullamore Dew Irish, and a couple of times a year I'll take a couple of sips of Macallan 12 when I have a taste for Scotch.

firehuntfish

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand

jasyblood

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
USA, RSA(Limpopo x 4, Eastern Cape x 1, Northern Cape x 1, Northwest x 2), Hungary, Serbia, Zimbabwe
While I've always preferred a good single malt, I was introduced to Dewer's 18 at a scotch tasting at my local liquor store a few years ago and got hooked on it.

As a matter of fact, I cracked open a fresh bottle last night to help me through the holidays.....I don't think one will be enough though! :whistle::)

Divernhunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club, Manteca sportsman club and Coalinga Rifle Club. Member of SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
I am a rum guy. I like Myers Dark but when I went to SA I tried Red Heart Rum and really like it. You cannot buy it here in the USA. I brought one bottle back in 1013 but in 2017 I brought back 5. I save it for special times.............like Xmas and new years.
One day I will open a bottle of Corn Liquor I bought while in college because I liked the jug it came in. It is 42 years old now.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
I enjoy any good scotch. Actually, in the cabinet I have a 12 years Chivas Regal and a 15 years Cardhu.

Rums are welcome too, a Pampero Aniversario and a 7 years Flor de Caña from Nicaragua, which I highly recommend.

Wines, yes, of course, red or white, as long as they´re good ;), and I have never refused a cold beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lewisverne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J