Whisky appreciation

Great collection, @CAustin . Every time I look at your photos I see another desirable bottle I missed previously!
Sometimes I miss one too and forget I even have it. I use to keep a list in my wallet but I haven't updated it a while. I went to the store a coup,s of weeks ago and bought a bottle I thought I didnt have but got home and found I was mistaken.
 
Blanton's and Weller's seem to be the popular brand around this area right now. Im a capt Morgan type of guy with diet coke
 
Somebody GAVE me a bottle of this today! Pretty good stuff...

20210324_190529.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Blanton's and Weller's seem to be the popular brand around this area right now. Im a capt Morgan type of guy with diet coke

They’re both good. I have a hard time justifying the cost differential vs buffalo trace.
 
I am shopping around for some new to me Bourbons this summer.

Picked up some Coopers’ Craft out of Louisville today. Solid choice, nice apple pie baked in a wood fire oven type profile.

16B8AD59-ECAA-40F9-B33C-72754F09F34D.jpeg
 
You boys need to try some Kentucky bourbon!!!
Elijah Craig
Angels envy
Woodford Reserve
Eagle rare
All reasonably priced and very good selections!:D Drunk:
If you like Angels Envy, try Belle Meade Sherry. It’s finished in a sherry cask. Not overpowering but it adds a nice flavor.
 
How much my wife loves me...

She found Basil Hayden TOAST at a DC liquor store, went on her lunch break and bought 2 bottles for $50 each. A couple of hours later, she and a co-worker went back to the store and they each bought bottle...now the price was $70. I have yet to taste this sweet nectar because I'm on-call at the moment, but I assure you that Monday evening will find me with a rocks glass and two fingers of bourbon. And yes, my wife will be joining me in tasting it. She LOVES Bourbon, Rye and Scotch whisky.
1629547309788.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Just tried a, Redbreast 12, Irish whiskey.
That stuff can ruin a good man.

If it can ruin a good man just think what it will do to us!
 
Image1629843956.398659.jpg


Here’s a couple that are worth a try. Town Branch is out of Lexington, High West is made in Park City Utah.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,347
Messages
1,573,642
Members
169,780
Latest member
Isidro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top