Whisky appreciation

Toby458, the last time I was at Charlie's house, I saw a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, but he didn't offer me any.

Toby, you are right about that. I think Pappy Van Winkle comes in several "wallet thicknesses" anyway.

Never drank anything that was $4500 good!

I totally agree with you! I just bought a bottle of Caribbean cask Balvenie. That is about my limit these days, although the occasional 18 yr Macallan will find its way into the house.

I'd have to say Macallan is about as good as it gets at any price.
If you are into the Highland Single Malts...don't sleep on Balvenie.
I've had several of them and they are amazing.
14 Caribbean, 17 Doublewood and 21 Portwood are very reasonably priced for what you are getting.

If you are into the Highland Single Malts...don't sleep on Balvenie.
I've had several of them and they are amazing.
14 Caribbean, 17 Doublewood and 21 Portwood are very reasonably priced for what you are getting.
+1
...with the caveat that these (and The Macallan) are all Speysides. No, I am not an alcoholic because I’m no quitter.:D Beer Bottle:

Being from and living in Kentucky I am partial to our bourbon, but I believe whiskey is good from wherever. Islay Scotch is not my preference, too peaty and medicinal, but if it’s free it does taste better. I’m having a sip of some of my favorite whiskey at present. And I sleep well at night knowing here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky we have 1 1/2 barrels of whiskey aging for each man woman and child who resides within our borders. So if another lockdown comes, don’t worry about me.

Being from and living in Kentucky I am partial to our bourbon, but I believe whiskey is good from wherever. Islay Scotch is not my preference, too peaty and medicinal, but if it’s free it does taste better. I’m having a sip of some of my favorite whiskey at present. And I sleep well at night knowing here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky we have 1 1/2 barrels of whiskey aging for each man woman and child who resides within our borders. So if another lockdown comes, don’t worry about me.
What is your favorite Kentucky whiskey?

2B34DD90-A60F-40BE-827B-4E1BB362E20E.jpeg

For the peat lovers, opened this one up tonight :)

Image1613078092.017948.jpg

For the peat lovers, opened this one up tonight :)

View attachment 388812
The first time I bought a bottle of this I hated it. But since I didn't want to throw it away, I started mixing it in with other scotch just to add a slight bit of smoke to the the more sweet tasting Scotch I had on hand. After awhile I found myself using more and more Laphroaig and less of the other. Now I buy Laphroaig and drink it on it's own merits. Once you get used to the smoke, you start to taste many other flavors underneath.

The first time I bought a bottle of this I hated it. But since I didn't want to throw it away, I started mixing it in with other scotch just to add a slight bit of smoke to the the more sweet tasting Scotch I had on hand. After awhile I found myself using more and more Laphroaig and less of the other. Now I buy Laphroaig and drink it on it's own merits. Once you get used to the smoke, you start to taste many other flavors underneath.
See now you even sound like my wife!!! But she sure as hell can't sing like you.

Isla scotch in general isn't for the uninitiated.
It takes some time to develop one's palate.
And some never will.
I'll be happy to take their share of the Isla whisky.

I won't rule any whiskey out without a fair trial. Never cared for Crown Royal, as a Canadian that was sacrilege until I tried their Northern Harvest, delicious. Also enjoy Highland and Speyside single malts. And a few years ago I stumbled upon Jamieson and Tullamore DEW Irish whiskeys that I enjoy. As they say"Irish whiskey isn't just for breakfast anymore"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber