Whisky appreciation

Tried Old Forester rye for the first time this weekend. Gotta say for a cheap whiskey, it was really good, and smooth for a 100 proof
 
No sir i have not. i have a small collection (100+ bottles) that i am diligently working through. plan to go until the whiskey or my liver are gone. so many great whiskeys and so few hepatocytes.
 
I have only 4 bottles left of this. Then, I'll have to see. In blends, I do like The Famous Grouse.

View attachment 388483

I can confirm MacAllan. I really enjoy the 18y, 1976 but also the 12y triple cask even though totally different. But a Glendronach 15y old Sherry Casks or Bunnahabhain 12y or not really bad either. But there are so many more and of course...RUM.
 
Last edited:
My son-in-law made this set of shelves for my birthday, now I'm putting it to good use. I think he did an excellent job. Walnut and black iron pipe.
Bourbon Shelves.jpg
 
Tried Old Forester rye for the first time this weekend. Gotta say for a cheap whiskey, it was really good, and smooth for a 100 proof
OF Rye is one of the best deals out there, solid choice.
 
My son-in-law made this set of shelves for my birthday, now I'm putting it to good use. I think he did an excellent job. Walnut and black iron pipe.View attachment 388503
You still have a little room on the second from the bottom shelf!
 
I think I have tried nearly every whisky/whiskey on this thread...and then some. (Save for maybe some Texas/RSA bottles)

My go to’s:
Oban 14
Talisker
Ardbeg 10
4 Roses

My favorites to date:
Coal Ila 7 (2009)
Connemara
Elijah Craig
Del Bac Mesquite

Favorite Distillery:
Talisker

DE4C6651-6E52-4241-BA17-9E9BCAE56384.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Irish has been shorted just a bit. This is the best I have ever had.

Irish.jpg
 
O ...... M ...... G!
OK. You win show and tell. :A Surrender:

Do you need an heir? Perhaps a new charity?

Hey wait, maybe we can run a lottery to be the lucky heir! That is seriously the beat whiskey I have ever tasted!
 
Mmm Middleton...Knappogue Castle is another good’n’... that’s it! It’s close enough to 5...where’s that Talisker...
 
There is an expression - "fall to the roots". Whisky is said to have been invented in Ireland. It looks like that, maybe that's why I try to bring a couple of bottles of Jameson when I'm somewhere near the Emerald Isle. And yes, Famous Grouse. I like ornithology.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,037
Members
168,816
Latest member
BarryMJ
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top