What are you reading?

“African Buffalo Trails” by John Burger.
The scrapes these guys got into, came out the far side and lived to tell the tale !
IMG_1346.jpeg
 
Empires of the Sea about the siege of Malta and battle of Lepanto. Very good so far.
 
After listening to the podcast on TIA 5 with Richard Harland, I picked up “African Epic” and will start through that when it arrives. Was a very interesting podcast and I look forward to reading an author I was not familiar with-
 
“African Buffalo Trails” by John Burger.
The scrapes these guys got into, came out the far side and lived to tell the tale !View attachment 768872
I am reading his Horned Death for the second time…just wish this hard cover was not over $200
 
I am reading his Horned Death for the second time…just wish this hard cover was not over $200
Yep, I looked for “African Buffalo Trails”. I found 2, but both were bought within an hour. One was $195.00, it was in “good” shape and the other was $137.00 in fair condition.
 
Hemingway Biography by Mary Dearborn. Although she is his 6th biographer, she is the first woman and paints him in a less favorable light than her predecessors.
 
I discovered the Mark Greaney Gray Man series a couple of months ago. Currently well into book 5, Back Blast. I wish Pierce Brown and Joe Abercrombie would get off their arses and get busy and produce some new works. :p
 
"Night Soldiers" by Allan Furst.
 
Just ordered A DANGEROUS GAME by Robin Hurt.
 
“The Last Buffalo Hunter” by Mary Weekes. From Interviews taken in 1931, Norbert Welsh was a young man making his living trading and hunting on the Canadian plains in the late 1800’s. Indian raids, furs and robes, hunting accidents, red river carts, rebellion, huge herds, grand adventure, it’s all here.
 
About to start the Hunting Imperative. And couldn’t pass up this 1953 printing Horn of the Hunter. View attachment 772742
The Hunting Imperative is one of my all time favorite books, after you read it you should watch this interview of Richard Harland.
 
About to finish John Burgers African Adventures, it’s a good read but not as many hunting stories as Horned Death.

I recently re-read The Hunting Imperative and it’s one of my all time favorites.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,945
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top