WANTED: Plains Game Cull Hunt 2020

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
So I’m thinking I might try plan a cull hunt in 2020, I don’t need the trophies but would like the whole safari experience transfers, hunting, nice lodge , meals etc.
Nothing particular on my list except Warthog, happy to cull various species if the price is right and ai get photos.

Hi Chris

Hope all is well. We will send you a PM.
Thank you.

hi Chris
u will get all of this with us
do have a great cull offer at moment

thx for the email, i have replied

Good Day Chris

I will be happy to do a quote for you.We have various species on the cull list.

You are more than welcome to email me rouannel@mweb.co.za

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Rouan

I spent months looking for an outfitter offering exactly what your looking for. I chose an outfitter and am going this October for ten days. His prices were 1,000-1,500 less than other outfitters. If you want the guys name and information, let me know.

Michael

I spent months looking for an outfitter offering exactly what your looking for. I chose an outfitter and am going this October for ten days. His prices were 1,000-1,500 less than other outfitters. If you want the guys name and information, let me know.

Michael
Michael, That would be great. i dont need to overspend and im happy for my culls to be used locally etc so im looking to do this on a budget

Thank you for all who responded quickly, I will read every PM and email, There are some great offers and varying prices I guess its all relevant to the area and facilities. i can see they are all professional with varying differences in what is on offer. I will find something in the mix that will suit.
I actually meant to write 2022, When I turn 50. At this rate i think I will try for sooner looking that far ahead is a long way out to plan, and ill get itchy feet.

Hey Chris, do it sooner rather than later. Go in 2020 and then again in 2022 sounds like a good plan.

i know but a bare minimum is going to cost over $10,000 Australian dollars, Its an international holiday and a break etc but there there is some site seeing or domestic travel to get to an international terminal, i will do my research and work something out.
Even a cheap safari holiday breakdown will average out at over $2000 a day breakdown from total cost. i don't earn that in a week. Its achievable but i overthink things and think what do I need more first.

I've read these things
" the mistake we make is thinking we can do it just once! "
"The kids will only waste it"

Really im fascinated by Dangerous game but its $$$$, So If I did get a Cape Buffalo and a Lion I can t import the Lion and then a Grizzly bear is on the list so thats a whole separate trip.

I cant import Lions, your property maybe fenced. Its your property and your stock wild or program bred they are made the same way. Look at You tube there is an abundance of Wildlife and various industry in conservation and tourism to support and manage it.

i dont know the standard of fencing but we fence all properties in Australia, many animals pass through or over them. They are not hobby farms.

Do Vegans wear leather shoes? haven't they thought of that yet.
Sheep and cattle are farmed in paddocks for management purposes, its an industry like a safari business.
Is the butcher selling canned meat?
Can you walk across these fenced properties in a day? has an objector ever tried?

Sorry this all started around budget and culls

Hey Chris, do it sooner rather than later. Go in 2020 and then again in 2022 sounds like a good plan.

I will try, but if I cant, Its never to late to start!

Hello sending you a PM.

Hello Chris
Take a look at khomas highland hunting site Philip does have cull hunting and quite a few different animals available.

Hi Chris.

We sent you a PM. Just check your inbox.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards
The Wintershoek Safaris Team

Thankyou for all of the replies.
I have an offer that fits my requirements.
I looked at all offers closely and what is on offer as far as variety of species, number allocated and the standard of accomodation.

All inclusive seems to mean the same across outfitters which is good.

I think my chosen outfitter is trying to hook me so I come back for that Buffalo that I can’t afford this time.

Regardless he has been patient with my questions and ideas and can fit in some local sightseeing for interest.

Thanks all for your time.

At this rate i think I will try for sooner looking that far ahead is a long way out to plan, and ill get itchy feet.

Yes, sooner is better. Odds are that restrictions on import will only get worse.

Check out Thaba Thala Safaris for cull hunts

Thaba Thala look nice and the deals Look good

I replied/accepted with an operator who tailored a package with Cull animals and a day or 2 of local touring if the hunting goes well.

I am taking my wife as an observer, her cost is reasonable.

I was speaking with a friend who works hunts around my work, guess what he wants to go. He is a trophy hunter who only has Australian deer so far.

His comment, I can’t get anyone to go with me. Maybe I found this goes ok I will go back with him. Not sure how I’d find it but I’ll work for it

His other comment. I want a Warthog, That’s a given! And he wants Kudu and something else.

I will have my photos and memories.

So I’m thinking I might try plan a cull hunt in 2020, I don’t need the trophies but would like the whole safari experience transfers, hunting, nice lodge , meals etc.
Nothing particular on my list except Warthog, happy to cull various species if the price is right and ai get photos.

FYI - For the price of a brown bear hunt in Alaska, you can hunt one of the Big Five in Africa - and you won't have miserable weather. (Been there. Done that.)

Yeah, I won’t miss the cold miserable weather part. I expect Africa won’t be to far from what I am used to.
The Big 5, see now that’s the start of something. Then you gotta get them all.
Last night on I You Tube Africa I heard the term The Tiny 10, so now there is all the little ones.

The good thing if I picked Alaska is I only want one nice Bear rug. If I go to Alaska I can talk myself into an all weather rifle.

I’m told african hunting is contagious.I’m not scared of catching that bug but I do not have the funds to continue it or collect them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,