TANZANIA: Tanzania Report - First Safari

Real nice animals. Love the flair on your lesser kudu. Congratulations!

The good looking PH holding the beer looks like Blake Wilhelmi. A good man

Last edited:
What a phenomenal Safari! CONGRATS to you, your PH and the team on a job well done

Congrats on an unbelievable safari. It doesn't matter whether it was your first, last or anything in between - it will be the one by which all others are judged! I'm guessing you already have plans for an encore, as the addictive nature of Africa does not bode well for a "one and done". BTW, that Topi is a toad and also great to see Blake sporting the DSC colors! Well done sir!

Congratulations is all I can think of. What a safari! Take a lot of doing to top that one.
Bruce

Wow, what a trip! What were you impressions of the Lake Natron hunting area? See any elephant?

What a fabulous safari, congrats!

Wow what a trip! Nice to do it with friends, you managed to combine into one trip what most of us would do in four or more!

Wow, what a trip! What were you impressions of the Lake Natron hunting area? See any elephant?
I saw one elephant in Moyowosi but lots of elephant tracks. Also saw one in Natron. Natron was much easier hunting than Moyowosi with higher game density. Lots and lots of zebra, wildebeest and grants gazelle. Not much challenge on those 3. Not many thomson gazelle on this concession but if we had more time i probably would have got one. Good numbers of gerenuk and lesser kudu. All 4 of us took a lesser kudu and gerenuk in 4 days. 3 of us got oryx and 3 got nice impala. Lots and lots of dik dik. I thought the scenery in Natron was beautiful and it was interesting to see the Masai people. However, it appeared to me that the Masai are overgrazing the area. You wonder what the heck everything is eating because there is not much grass. It is also extremely hot there in October.

Unbelievable safari, congratulations on a hell of a trip!

Congratulations. Amazing hunting. Taking two lions the same day but not at same time it´s unbeliavable.
Like you, my first Africa experience took place in Tanzania 2008 (Selous), and I was almost as lucky as you. But to be lucky, you must be willing to travel these remotes places far from any place, to take small planes to get to the camp, to deal with tse tse flies, to face dangerous game animals, etc, so not so many people are able to do it.
Once again, congratulations for that incredible experience.

Awsome safari gonna be hard to top that one next time.

Very nice and thanks for report!

Tremendous!! What a wonderful safari. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

That is the way to kick off safari hunting! You were not messing around, wow. Very nice animals. I particularly like the 4 Buffalo part. Impressive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellieSout

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg