SAPS permit - What happens if you don't bring the exact amount of ammo for each caliber?

Reactions: lcq
Last edited:
30 minutes in the Electic Chair @ medium voltage. I don't believe it will be a problem unless they lose you luggage inbound and you are not there to retrieve and take out of checked bag in Joburg. Never checked mine until then I wasn't there to take out so they held bag 2 additional days and I luckily left key in lock told them to keep ammo , which they did and sent bag on to camp arrived night of 4 th day .

nothing is going to happen. Maybe if you were bringing in more then you said. 3 trips and have never even had them ask to see it coming in to SA. If your worried about it go buy a box of cheap ammo to take to match up with paper work.

I think that stating the exact number of ammunition is important. You may just be fine but should you decide to travel with a different amount than stated you need to be willing to take the risk to be fined or delayed as you never know who you will be dealing with during your travel.

I think that stating the exact number of ammunition is important. You may just be fine but should you decide to travel with a different amount than stated you need to be willing to take the risk to be fined or delayed as you never know who you will be dealing with during your travel.

"as you never know who you will be dealing with during your travel" wise words

nothing is going to happen. Maybe if you were bringing in more then you said....,,,

Did you read the OP?
He is suggesting he will be bringing MORE in of one caliber than stated on the permit.
It's illegal.
Maybe: just detention, delays, fines, confiscation.

johnnyblues,
don't chance it, bring what is stated on SAPS520
As Brick says, add jail and I do not see you in KMG's camp.

Last year I brought a couple of .308Win. ammo boxes in addition to the .375 and .458 ammo I had applied for...foolhardy perhaps....and of course they had to bother with all the ammo on that occation...well I managed to talk/joke myself out of it while keeping all ammo...this was at Maun Airport..

I would never deared doing that in Joburg...:eek:

Just not worth taking the chance.

Never checked my ammo in Joburg, but I would not take any chances. You never know...

Ok everyone Henry from rifle permits said it would be fine if I changed the quantity of stated ammo. The reason I started this thread is since I've decided not to hunt hippo I want to bring more 270 WSM Ammo since I've added 7 plains game to the hit list. That number of courses will depend on how long it takes to take the buffalo in Limpopo and then fly down to the cape.

Figured it would be just fine. Glad you got the answer and don't need to worry about it now.

@johnnyblues , why not just get your SAP520 changed and avoid any problems?

Already sent it. Besides Henry said it's not an issue.

have never had ammo box opened, and if they did in RSA I think if I dropped something out of my wallet on the floor all would be good:sneaky:

Lol. Don't think I'd try that with SAPS. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.