Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
This came into my inbox this morning, and I thought I'd share the opportunity with those of you who are in better fiscal situations than I am.

They are going to sell 250 tickets, but they are $1000 each. I wish I had the dough to gamble for this awesome trip

http://www.slamquest.org/wild-sheep-product-listing-details.php?Bukharan Markhor Hunt Drawing-438

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.55.43 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this as well. But a 1k for 1 in 250...just can't justify it. It would be an awesome hunt though.

I could buy 249 and still not win!

I would recommend 2500 @ $100/ticket.

Wowza, yeah thats steep! Maybe $100 like Brad said, but hey someone will win a high priced hunt for $1000,, best of luck to all who enter!

Wrong year for me, if it's still available later this year, maybe.

I have a deal going with a Prince from Nigeria...............I mean, a real Prince................and what are the chance that he calls me, of all people? When this comes thru, I am going to buy 100....maybe 150 of these raffle tickets. .......the markhor and the Prince have an equal probability of being real....FWB

I have a deal going with a Prince from Nigeria...............I mean, a real Prince................and what are the chance that he calls me, of all people? When this comes thru, I am going to buy 100....maybe 150 of these raffle tickets. .......the markhor and the Prince have an equal probability of being real....FWB
FWB,
This is crazy because I have the same guy calling me, although mine sounds more like the night manager at the Valero by my office than Nigerian! Small Small world! Lol

Wow what an opportunity. That is one extremely difficult hunt physically and mentally. Those odds are not real good. My luck I win and couldn't make it up the mountain.

338.........that two timing bastard! I called him, and he said he IS the night manager at Valero, but that is just a cover. And, here is the coincidence, he also has two Markhor tags.........cheap.................a cancellation hunt.........who knew they had Markhor in Nigeria.........
In all seriousness, I believe these raffles are a waste of money for the man with limited means. The winner will likely purchase many tags. Example: The Idaho Superhunt for deer is a raffle. They have an advertising booklet to get more sales. Two of the 3 deer pictures used in the booklet show the same hunter holding different trophy bucks. Lucky? Ya, probably, but probably also bought hundreds of tickets. Some raffles are simply rigged. The winner is known. Before hand. Put the $1000 toward a real hunt..............FWB

338.........that two timing bastard! I called him, and he said he IS the night manager at Valero, but that is just a cover. And, here is the coincidence, he also has two Markhor tags.........cheap.................a cancellation hunt.........who knew they had Markhor in Nigeria.........
In all seriousness, I believe these raffles are a waste of money for the man with limited means. The winner will likely purchase many tags. Example: The Idaho Superhunt for deer is a raffle. They have an advertising booklet to get more sales. Two of the 3 deer pictures used in the booklet show the same hunter holding different trophy bucks. Lucky? Ya, probably, but probably also bought hundreds of tickets. Some raffles are simply rigged. The winner is known. Before hand. Put the $1000 toward a real hunt..............FWB
I agree, kind of like the TV personalities that are”lucky” on the state draws!
Back in the 70’s in Montana the Fish and Game Commisioner had the luckiest family and friends ya ever heard about in the sheep draw. The luck held out until he was killed in a plane crash.

karma..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!