Politics

I recall the news of USSR setting off a 50 Meg H bomb & having plans for one double the size. I was in the 8th grade at the time. the teacher said that the bombs being made by the US were smaller but had no disadvantage to the bigger bombs because any of them would blow large city completely off of the map. this was after the Gary Powers U2 problem and before the Cuban crisis. We figured it was just a matter of time before Dr.Strangelove would press the button and kill us all, but here we are over 60 years later- maybe all that fretting wasn't for nothing- maybe that was what prevented the nuclear war.
 
Talk about nukes. When I was station at Comiso AB, in Sicily, we had Ground Launch Cruise Missile (GLCM) BGM-109G. When our unit became operational, back then the Soviet Union, was sh*tting bricks. Our motto was " We could hit Moscow, hit, after hit, after hit". We were in part responsible for the Soviet Union signing of the INF treaty. The GLCM was a great missile, it could fly 150-200 ft off the ground, avoid radar, and was extremely accurate. Proud to have been part of that mission. Picture of one of my unit's launchers, 487th Tactical Missile Wing.

1693484193345.png
 
Read an article that stated one of the inventors of the H-bomb had ambitions to build a gigaton bomb. Something that could basically blow a hole in the atmosphere if detonated

The invention of atomic weapons really is something that never should have happened.
On one hand the world may be a better place without nukes but on the other hand many of us on this site probably wouldn’t be here because of the impending invasion of Japan, with an estimated 1 million casualties my father and many others would never have made it out of that alive.
 
On one hand the world may be a better place without nukes but on the other hand many of us on this site probably wouldn’t be here because of the impending invasion of Japan, with an estimated 1 million casualties my father and many others would never have made it out of that alive.
The decision by Truman to drop the bombs to help force a surrender was a big factor. It is also claimed that the decision by Russia to enter the fray from the west also persuaded the stubborn Japanese leaders to surrender.
The Japanese realized they were going to get pounded on 2 fronts.

With escalating world tensions, I wonder what maniacal leader will someday put his finger on the launch buttons.?


The U.S.A is led by a man who probably can't remember what day it is when he wakes up in the morning and he has the nuclear football
 
Somebody better inform Commie Joe's beer police that I've exceeded my weekly limit.
Might have to round me up, and haul me off to a conservative concentration camp......

We probably exceeded your monthly limit last night when we went out.... :A Thumbs Up: ....so did everyone around us in the place as well....:D Beers:
 
Somebody better inform Commie Joe's beer police that I've exceeded my weekly limit.
Might have to round me up, and haul me off to a conservative concentration camp......
I am really surprised why this is an issue for people. It is a recommendation not an edict. Do you think people pay attention to the current recommendation of two-drink maximum per day?

If it wasn't for politics no one would care or purposely misconstrue it.

I care more about the declaration of National monuments everywhere that limits our energy production, but the stupid beer comment gets more reactions among the masses.
 
It seems our CIC thinks the nuclear football thinks it’s a football that gets thrown around on Saturday and Sunday.
 
I am really surprised why this is an issue for people. It is a recommendation not an edict. Do you think people pay attention to the current recommendation of two-drink maximum per day?

If it wasn't for politics no one would care or purposely misconstrue it.

I care more about the declaration of National monuments everywhere that limits our energy production, but the stupid beer comment gets more reactions among the masses.
Lighten up, Francis. It's just humor.

They banned the sale of big gulp sodas in New York. Just a matter of time before they chip away at everything else.
 
I wouldn’t put anything past these buffoons, all’s they want is POWER!
 
Nuclear tipped cruise missile's?

Which have nearly the stopping power of the 35 Whelen! :E Happy:


But seriously, yes the B-52s and others have cruise missiles which give them "stand off" capability (translation, they don't have to drop bombs directly over their target) which helps to keep them out of harm's way.

 
Which have nearly the stopping power of the 35 Whelen! :E Happy:


But seriously, yes the B-52s and others have cruise missiles which give them "stand off" capability (translation, they don't have to drop bombs directly over their target) which helps to keep them out of harm's way.

Russia realizes the extent of our nuclear arsenal, but do the Chinese? They might be the ones to pull some asinine stunt.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,571,472
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top