Politics

What about the reduction transmission gears powered by the blades (wind) of giant wind turbines? They wouldn't be financially viable if they used more energy then they produced? Guess it's not comparable though to EV tires spinning electric motor gears?
As a side note, we had an experimental methane recovery plant here built over an old landfill for many years. They finally dismantled it because it was using more electricity to power it than the methane it recovered for power generation. I guess not everything works like it does on paper?
The wind turbines convert energy. The energy of sunlight heats the surface of the Earth which in turn heats the air and water at/near the surface. Along with the spinning of the Earth this heat is converted into movement of the air and water- air and water currents, wind. The wind pushes against the propellers of the wind machines. the pushing of the propellers slows the wind, absorbing some of the energy, converting the energy from movement of the air to movement of the propeller. the propeller turns the generator and the energy of the moving propeller is converted into electricity by the generator. At each stage from the sunlight to the charging of a battery with electricity there will be drains of inefficiency- generally heat from friction and the propeller doesn't capture all of the energy of the wind so the air isn't stopped but merely slowed.
As for the financial aspects, that is a matter of the price value of the electricity and the cost of converting it.

No one is going to remove Biden from office before the election. That would put an even worst candidate in office and kill any chance of having Gavin Newsome as the D candidate.
As a Former Californian, I can assure you that Newsome is no treasure.

When I review the apparent total lack of any moral compass being displayed by US politicians, particularly the ideologues in the Democrat party I will not be at all surprised if Joe Biden is assassinated. Naturally it will be staged to look like a right-wing extremist with an AR was responsible.
What do I see as motivation? It would turn Joe into a martyr, end all of the investigations into his treason, racketeering and extortion, give the Democrat party a primary where the selected candidate could be nominated without all of the division that dropping a sitting president would entail AND they could press for more gun control legislation (recall 1968) and extended authority for the government to violate the rights of citizens. If I were Joe, I'd regularly check my 6.
this may not come to pass- and I hope not- it just shows my opinion of the puppeteers of our present government and their means justifies any action mentality.
That would not be good. We'd be rid of the pervert but do we really want a common whore in the White House? Hope to just vote both of them out.

Try Crossing the Border in Israel or N. Korea.

Which border in Israel? I’ve crossed the Jordan and Palestine borders. Zero problems, super easy.

I’ll pass on North Korea.

Last edited:
The problem with us vs them politics is that it blinds the respective parties to logic and facts. Biden is crooked, a Ukrainian company paid Hunter Biden money, therefore any support of Ukraine must be a result of that corruption.

I find that sort of deductive "reasoning" sophomoric whether coming from the right or the left.

US national interests, the threat represented by a rejuvenated Russian empire in Eastern Europe, the ability of China to exploit that threat over the coming decades are irrelevant to the hatred for Biden and democrats. It is exactly the same behavior demonstrated among the left with respect to any policy supported by Trump or republicans in general. Both are the height of irresponsibility with respect for what is best for the country.

To be clear, with regard to Russian ambitions in Ukraine, I could care less what Biden's relationship might or might not be with a Ukrainian energy company. I am confident that is the case with respect to most of those in the administration and the armed forces actually working to support Ukraine.

That does not mean that support is being managed competently. I have expressed my assessment of the National Security advisor and the President. I do not see how that has anything to do with Burisma. Indeed, one would assume if that were the case, the administration's support of Ukraine would be far more robust.

With respect to impeachment, and fully realizing this is of no interest to you and all those others certain of Biden's corruption, but the FD-1023 released by Grassley is no more verified than the allegations in the Steele Dossier. I would suggest a former FBI agent certain that tapes exist is no more meaningful than Schiff assuring the nation he had the goods on Trump. My party, thank God, won't pursue impeachment on that thread.

From my perspective, all of this political hyperventilating is irrelevant to any sane examination of what actions are in our national interests. At the moment, Ukraine is front and center.

One more point. If it can be proven that Biden sold an action as VP for money, he needs to go to prison. If his son sold his last name for an implied return on that investment, that is, at least to me, unethical as it can be, but sadly, not illegal.
I have never been concerned about what Hunter did or didnt do, other than the involvement of his crooked dad and its effects on his performance as President and in whose interest he is working ours or his. All roads lead to Joe Biden.
I think its pretty clear Biden is more concerned with his interests than in ours. That may seem sophomoric to some, but to me its beyond business as usual and I dont think its all out of reason to think JoeB is not acting in our best interest and he knows it and that includes our adventures or misadventures in Ukraine.
He is playing CYA with our treasure.
Dont be too sure that your party wont impeach Biden. There is a whole lot more going on here than there was going after Trump with completely fabricated Russian collusion allegations, just too bad it took so long to prove it.

Meaning illegally, it's Not an Open Border, like it is here.

Israel Palestine border, no stops just drove thru both ways, zero checks. You would think, that crossing would be tight, as a wall separates the two states, but it was the easiest border crossing I’ve ever had.

1689996337591.png

We don't have many cars older than 10 years.
A car with more than 200,000 km is hardly on the market. Actually unsaleable.

Will fail without state support :
Coal, steel and nuclear energy as well

My truck has 200,000 miles on it.. and likely still has at least 50,000 miles left before it starts needing major repairs…

I traded my last truck when it had about 210,000 miles on it.. and still got about $8k in value on the trade in…

Both were gas burners, not diesels..

I would expect the next truck I buy will last me at least 250,000 miles and will likely be the last one I purchase in my life…

And I am not particularly easy on my vehicles.. I pull trailers, boats, etc routinely.. I haul thousands of pounds of everything from dirt, mulch, sod, rock, etc in the bed every year..

When someone shows me an EV truck that will last as long, is just as tough, has similar range, and similar cost… MAYBE I’ll be interested…

Until then.. EV can kiss me in the nether regions..

So I looked up Aldean’s song and listened to it and the checked the lyrics. Seriously libs keep showing how crazy they can be. Like you, Sheryl Crow. Good grief. Some of the rap lyrics that go uncommented on and they select this to go after? LOL.

Why aren't EVs charging their batteries as the drive? Remember the old bicycle headlamp? It was mounted on the front fork and a lever would set a cam against the tire for the light to come on as one rode the bicycle. Basically, a magneto system. Surely, some genius could come up with a system that would keep an EV battery "topped off" with a charge or close to it while the car was in motion. If not, I would only consider a hybrid with a small gasoline engine as a backup in a CAR doing nothing more than going from point A to point B on PAVEMENT. I'll keep my F250 diesel for hauling and pulling.

If not mistaken, hybrids do this very thing to a degree. They charge on braking, creating an electrical load that helps slow the vehicle while also charging the battery. Not that I'm promoting EV's, at least not yet, but that should be part of the overall solution in an EV.

Why aren't EVs charging their batteries as the drive? Remember the old bicycle headlamp? It was mounted on the front fork and a lever would set a cam against the tire for the light to come on as one rode the bicycle. Basically, a magneto system. Surely, some genius could come up with a system that would keep an EV battery "topped off" with a charge or close to it while the car was in motion. If not, I would only consider a hybrid with a small gasoline engine as a backup in a CAR doing nothing more than going from point A to point B on PAVEMENT. I'll keep my F250 diesel for hauling and pulling.

There’s no free lunch. The only time you would get a net benefit would be on braking. Otherwise you are consuming energy to produce energy and the inefficiencies in the system would cause a net loss. That old bike light generator was a drag on the wheel. You had to pedal harder to make it work, even though it was small enough that you didn’t notice.

I am surprised at the number of Teslas that I encounter around Anchorage.

I’m sure some of these folks are misled and
actually believe that they are helping the environment. However, IMO most are driven by eco-snobbery, not logic, economics or actual environmental responsibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DottyB500

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.