Politics

I’m seriously interested in understanding why people feel that Republicans can’t win with the Dems so good at ballot harvesting and other “practices.” Republicans cleaned clock in Florida this past cycle. We’re they better at the shenanigans than the Dems? Or did they have better candidates with better policies?

Remember Miami Dade and Broward in 2020 and basically every election up through 2018. After 2018, the people who ran those elections in those counties were gone. Votes in those counties got counted in a couple of hours in 2022. There was no opportunities for votes to be found or signatures cleared. Look who runs precinct through counties in the major metropolitan areas. They now control the winners in close elections.

Candidates certainly make a difference. Walker was obviously not a great candidate in GA. On the other hand I doubt you could find a better candidate than Laxalt. Clark County's ability to cure ballots for a week made the difference in the election.

We no longer count votes in America. We count ballots. As long as we count ballots, Republican's will loose until they start out competing Democrats at their own game.

Remember Miami Dade and Broward in 2020 and basically every election up through 2018. After 2018, the people who ran those elections in those counties were gone. Votes in those counties got counted in a couple of hours in 2022. There was no opportunities for votes to be found or signatures cleared. Look who runs precinct through counties in the major metropolitan areas. They now control the winners in close elections.

Candidates certainly make a difference. Walker was obviously not a great candidate in GA. On the other hand I doubt you could find a better candidate than Laxalt. Clark County's ability to cure ballots for a week made the difference in the election.

We no longer count votes in America. We count ballots. As long as we count ballots, Republican's will loose until they start out competing Democrats at their own game.
Didn’t Joseph Stalin say something close to that a couple of decades ago?

So Florida replaced the corrupt election officials with honest ones? That’s the difference maker? How did that happen?

Last edited:
Didn’t Joseph Stalin say something close to that a couple of decades ago?
1672195219542.png

Toronto Pearson Airport this week.

Biden official heading to Canada for shopping spree!

1672203218788.png

1672203339030.png

And the Russians keep still keep on denying they are targeting civilians......

BBC News - Ukraine war: Civilians flee Kherson as Russian attacks intensify

Republicans cleaned clock in Florida this past cycle. We’re they better at the shenanigans than the Dems? Or did they have better candidates with better policies?
The Floridians lacked ballots in the names of people who lacked the right to vote, mentally such that they were unaware of the candidate/issue, and fictitious names where a person could vote up to 8 times.

With regard to the military aid being sent to Ukraine- the number is more than I can relate to. Could someone on here that has knowledge of what items are being sent and a per item cost make a post of an example of how many and what type weaponry is being sent?

With regard to the military aid being sent to Ukraine- the number is more than I can relate to. Could someone on here that has knowledge of what items are being sent and a per item cost make a post of an example of how many and what type weaponry is being sent?

I have no idea how accurate this is, but it's a quite detailed list.

1672240884746.png

This is a pretty good article and it frustrates me. It illustrates perfectly what is wrong with our side. It implies in hand ringing terms that the elections are rigged, are becoming more rigged, and the only way to fix them is with new voting laws. Republicans will never win again.

I am not sure the author realizes it, but what it actually says rather than implying is that the democrat party has a much more effective ground game for securing "low effort" voters. That is clearly true. It is also not "rigging" an election. The party is looking at the format (mail-in ballots and drop boxes being the critical path) and using it to advantage their voting blocks. Republicans continue to count on voting day turnout.

Florida (again?) seems to have figured this out. 4.8 million votes were cast early in the gubernatorial election this year. Republican early voters outnumbered democrats by 321,000.

Meanwhile, in Arizona, where Republicans outnumber democrats by 4%, the republican party seemed to count on traditional voting day turnout. That their somewhat snarky, election denying candidate, may have turned off a meaningful swath of independents might be worth looking into as well.

I would suggest new election leadership for the party willing to spend money on an army of legal vote gatherers to insure every "low energy" republican voter is counted along with his or her democrat counterpart would be the most effective reform to implement prior to '24.

Then it seems the key is getting Republicans voted in so they can make the necessary changes. He got voted in originally so it can be done.

Correct.

DeSantis got voted in prior to 2020 and changed Florida. Everything we are dealing with right now has been figured out by the Democrats/Mark Elias since 2020/Covid. The Democrats are miles ahead of the Republican's and are continuing to pull away. The Republican's are just waking up to what hit them. Republican's will probably continue on with Ronna McDaniel/Romney/Rhino who has been in charge of loosing three straight elections and hasn't a clue of what is going on or how to fix things.

2024 is going to come down roughly to about five states. Can the Republican's win five of these seven states without significant change to the election laws of those states? Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Nevada.

This is a pretty good article and it frustrates me. It illustrates perfectly what is wrong with our side. It implies in hand ringing terms that the elections are rigged, are becoming more rigged, and the only way to fix them is with new voting laws. Republicans will never win again.

I am not sure the author realizes it, but what it actually says rather than implying is that the democrat party has a much more effective ground game for securing "low effort" voters. That is clearly true. It is also not "rigging" an election. The party is looking at the format (mail-in ballots and drop boxes being the critical path) and using it to advantage their voting blocks. Republicans continue to count on voting day turnout.

Florida (again?) seems to have figured this out. 4.8 million votes were cast early in the gubernatorial election this year. Republican early voters outnumbered democrats by 321,000.

Meanwhile, in Arizona, where Republicans outnumber democrats by 4%, the republican party seemed to count on traditional voting day turnout. That their somewhat snarky, election denying candidate, may have turned off a meaningful swath of independents might be worth looking into as well.

I would suggest new election leadership for the party willing to spend money on an army of legal vote gatherers to insure every "low energy" republican voter is counted along with his or her democrat counterpart would be the most effective reform to implement prior to '24.
Precisely. Is it the RNC chair person that creates the overall strategy? Clearly there is need for a strategy overhaul before 2024, but who is responsible for getting that done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab77buzz

Latest profile posts

I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!