Oribi Hunt Available 2018

Never seen one of these little guys in the wild. Are they usually hold up in thick brush?

@CAustin Charlie, the Oribi's natural habitat is the short grass on the rolling hills all along the coastal belt, here in our area in the Eastern Cape. They don't like the thick brush at all.
The hilly terrain will often aid us with the stalk in getting close enough for a shot.
 
Someone will have an interesting hunt
 
Nothing scary like that. :eek:

On the right concession in the EC these little guys are sneaky and a challenging hunt.
They will hide like an old Whitetail and when spooked they have no issue about vacating the area.
Even after crawling a long long way in very short grass I had to shoot two hundred yards.
 
I am envious. I think an Oribi Ram is something I’d like to hunt. In fact, I was agonizing over taking this tag along with Marius’s other offer. Really was within inches of doing it, but thought my first trip might be better spent with the more “usual” game.

Congrats to the taker.
 
I am envious. I think an Oribi Ram is something I’d like to hunt. In fact, I was agonizing over taking this tag along with Marius’s other offer. Really was within inches of doing it, but thought my first trip might be better spent with the more “usual” game.

Congrats to the taker.

Let me check on something for you quick. Will be in touch.
 
You can hunt them as essentially common game in Mozambique - along with flocks of Suni, and duiker (red, blue, and common).
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,532
Latest member
subsrotestheo1978
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top