Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC Life Member
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Georgia
I remember when I was younger it was not uncommon to hunt all season (rifle) and not see a buck. Back then you could only shoot a doe on the last day if you were not able to fill your buck tag. Of course, you never seemed to see a doe on the last day either! Ha!

Now today I hunt mostly with a bow but also still pull out the rifle from time to time. But what a change since I was a kid and what a testament to wildlife conservation funded and managed by hunters. In Oklahoma the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife receives no state appropriation or general tax revenue. Funded by hunting/fishing license sales and federal grants primarily.

Now, I see deer almost every time I go out. Maybe not a big mature buck, but they are out there. More than ever before... bigger and more mature!

33E08F82-81E4-4355-A87A-15933D0F7AA9.jpg
View recent photos.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a beauty! Congrats!

Nice buck!! I lived in Oklahoma for 33yrs and I can attest to hardly ever seeing any bucks. I saw a big 12pt buck, but he was lucky and was on private land.. LOL

Awesome!

Very nice buck! Congrats!

Great deer. Love the character of that buck. Definitely one to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.

Nice buck!! I lived in Oklahoma for 33yrs and I can attest to hardly ever seeing any bucks. I saw a big 12pt buck, but he was lucky and was on private land.. LOL

That sounds like my kind of hunting luck. LOL.

Solid buck, nice character, congrats!

Great deer. Love the character of that buck. Definitely one to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.
Yes. I like the split brow. He definitely had character. Thank you!

That buck you shot is a dandy!! What part of Oklahoma are you in? I grew up in the Midwest City/Oklahoma City area..
This buck was off of my family's ranch in Southwestern Oklahoma. Duncan area. Just East of Lawton, Ok.

Neat buck- Congrats !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg