Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Congrats on a nice buck.

KTEX

Reaction score
Member of
DSC, DU
I’m just south of you in North Texas. I visit OK to go fly fishing and the wildlife dept does an excellent job managing that land.

Inline6

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
This buck was off of my family's ranch in Southwestern Oklahoma. Duncan area. Just East of Lawton, Ok.
First time I went deer hunting in OK was in Velma. Not much to write home about, that was back in 97. Deer were few and far between. Happy to see the numbers coming up.

Congratulations on a NICE buck!

Ryeboy86

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
This buck was off of my family's ranch in Southwestern Oklahoma. Duncan area. Just East of Lawton, Ok.
I'm very familiar with that area! We would always to to the Black Kettle WMA in Central western Oklahoma. Let me know if you ever venture into Arizona! We have great hunting out here!

Wishfulthinker580

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
First time I went deer hunting in OK was in Velma. Not much to write home about, that was back in 97. Deer were few and far between. Happy to see the numbers coming up.

Congratulations on a NICE buck!
The home of Joe Diffie! The sign says so anyway. Deer are THICK here now

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, and Now Tanzania
Outstanding deer! Congratulations

In Oklahoma the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife receives no state appropriation or general tax revenue. Funded by hunting/fishing license sales and federal grants primarily.
Just to elaborate on this statement because it speaks volumes to the overall success of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and the concept of “Sustainable Conservation”. The federal grants you speak of come from the Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937 (Pitman/Robertson Act). This is an extra tax on ammunition, firearms, and other fishing and hunting equipment. This act can fund up to 75% of a state’s wildlife management program. Distribution of this money to each state is based on the number of hunting and fishing licenses sold in the state. As a hunter, make sure to explain to your friends that “just shoot” that they need to buy a hunting license, cheapest one available, in order to get this money back into your state. Those shooter friends spend a large amount of money on ammunition and contribute greatly the Wildlife Restoration Act and they don’t know they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hangman

Latest profile posts

Planning is coming together! Just waiting to hear back from a couple outfitters to see what their availability is for this year, if any, and I'll be booking my first African hunt. Fingers crossed I can get one slotted for late August/first couple weeks of September.
rgsiii wrote on Andrew Short's profile.
Hi, I was wondering where you lived. I am near Auburn. Are the loaded Norma AFrames factory ammunition? Thanks, Richard
Sue Tidwell wrote on James Stewart's profile.
Hi James, congratulations on winning a copy of Cries of the Savanna! I appreciate your interest in the book and hope you enjoy it.

I am leaving in an hour for the airport to meet up with my husband for a week so I will mail it as soon as I get home. I am sorry about the poor timing and making you wait.

Anyway, send me your address and I will get it in the mail as soon as I can.

Thanks again for entering!

Sue
Sue Tidwell wrote on Ggross's profile.
Congratulations on winning a copy of Cries of the Savanna! I appreciate your interest in the book and hope you enjoy it.

I am leaving in an hour for the airport to meet up with my husband for a week so I will mail it as soon as I get home. I am sorry about the poor timing and making you wait a week. I apologize.

Anyway, send me your address and I will get it in the mail as soon as I can.

Sue
Gluff wrote on ConserveWhatsGood's profile.
I have already booked, but yes I would like to know for sure for future use