Noobie From Canada

Where are you headed?

Welcome to AH
 
Hello and welcome aboard!
 
You should have a great time.
Happy research

Take lots of notes and pictures to share your hunt report with us.
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH Chago. This site is filled with friendly experienced hunters that will do everything they can to help you plan a memorable hunt. What will you be hunting? Are you taking your own rifles or renting from your PH? If you haven't been introduced to the use of shooting sticks yet, you have some researching to do. You will be expected to use them in Africa.
 
Welcome to AH Chago!
 
Welcome to AH Chago. This site is filled with friendly experienced hunters that will do everything they can to help you plan a memorable hunt. What will you be hunting? Are you taking your own rifles or renting from your PH? If you haven't been introduced to the use of shooting sticks yet, you have some researching to do. You will be expected to use them in Africa.
My list is

- Kudu
- Gemsbok
- Eland
- Zebra
- Blue Wildebeest
- (Maybe) Sable

Bringing my own rifle. 300 Win Mag, Fierce Edge. I am a competition shooter and can shoot off of bipods, various seated and kneeling positions with complete confidence. Shooting sticks.... I hate them lol But I have been told I may need to do some practice with those.
 
My list is

- Kudu
- Gemsbok
- Eland
- Zebra
- Blue Wildebeest
- (Maybe) Sable

Bringing my own rifle. 300 Win Mag, Fierce Edge. I am a competition shooter and can shoot off of bipods, various seated and kneeling positions with complete confidence. Shooting sticks.... I hate them lol But I have been told I may need to do some practice with those.
You would be fine. Enjoy the hunt
My best
 
Shooting off sticks IMHO has it's own nuances that must be overcome. For me it was a totally unnatural feeling. Start with a small bore, or you will waste a lot of expensive ammo.
 
Hello everyone. Been hunting all my life. Have taken many Canadian animals like whitetail, moose, black bear and waterfowl. Doing my first Africa hunt this summer. Here to start learning.
Chago
Welcome to the greatest Forum ever - and the hunting family.
Enjoy the planning process...it is FUN!
 
Welcome and good luck on your first African adventure.
 
My list is

- Kudu
- Gemsbok
- Eland
- Zebra
- Blue Wildebeest
- (Maybe) Sable

Bringing my own rifle. 300 Win Mag, Fierce Edge. I am a competition shooter and can shoot off of bipods, various seated and kneeling positions with complete confidence. Shooting sticks.... I hate them lol But I have been told I may need to do some practice with those.

welcome aboard. I'm headed to HuntersHill this May. I share your confidence with bipods and your hatred of sticks. Sadly almost all your shots are off sticks. At least you can get some practice off sticks before you leave. Here in Ottawa it is damn cold to be practicing even in the spring
 
Welcome to the dark side from a fellow Canadian. As others have said, get used to shooting off sticks. Your PH will expect you to be proficient on using them. Make sure you take a journal so you can post a hunt report when you return. Good luck and enjoy.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome. You’re in the right place!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,505
Members
169,365
Latest member
TillyQ1897
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top