Noobie From Canada

Where are you headed?

Welcome to AH

Hello and welcome aboard!

You should have a great time.
Happy research

Take lots of notes and pictures to share your hunt report with us.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH Chago. This site is filled with friendly experienced hunters that will do everything they can to help you plan a memorable hunt. What will you be hunting? Are you taking your own rifles or renting from your PH? If you haven't been introduced to the use of shooting sticks yet, you have some researching to do. You will be expected to use them in Africa.

Welcome to AH Chago!

Welcome to AH Chago. This site is filled with friendly experienced hunters that will do everything they can to help you plan a memorable hunt. What will you be hunting? Are you taking your own rifles or renting from your PH? If you haven't been introduced to the use of shooting sticks yet, you have some researching to do. You will be expected to use them in Africa.
My list is

- Kudu
- Gemsbok
- Eland
- Zebra
- Blue Wildebeest
- (Maybe) Sable

Bringing my own rifle. 300 Win Mag, Fierce Edge. I am a competition shooter and can shoot off of bipods, various seated and kneeling positions with complete confidence. Shooting sticks.... I hate them lol But I have been told I may need to do some practice with those.

My list is

- Kudu
- Gemsbok
- Eland
- Zebra
- Blue Wildebeest
- (Maybe) Sable

Bringing my own rifle. 300 Win Mag, Fierce Edge. I am a competition shooter and can shoot off of bipods, various seated and kneeling positions with complete confidence. Shooting sticks.... I hate them lol But I have been told I may need to do some practice with those.
You would be fine. Enjoy the hunt
My best

Shooting off sticks IMHO has it's own nuances that must be overcome. For me it was a totally unnatural feeling. Start with a small bore, or you will waste a lot of expensive ammo.

Hello everyone. Been hunting all my life. Have taken many Canadian animals like whitetail, moose, black bear and waterfowl. Doing my first Africa hunt this summer. Here to start learning.
Chago
Welcome to the greatest Forum ever - and the hunting family.
Enjoy the planning process...it is FUN!

Welcome and good luck on your first African adventure.

My list is

- Kudu
- Gemsbok
- Eland
- Zebra
- Blue Wildebeest
- (Maybe) Sable

welcome aboard. I'm headed to HuntersHill this May. I share your confidence with bipods and your hatred of sticks. Sadly almost all your shots are off sticks. At least you can get some practice off sticks before you leave. Here in Ottawa it is damn cold to be practicing even in the spring

Welcome to the dark side from a fellow Canadian. As others have said, get used to shooting off sticks. Your PH will expect you to be proficient on using them. Make sure you take a journal so you can post a hunt report when you return. Good luck and enjoy.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome. You’re in the right place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross