Noble Warthog

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,020
Reaction score
15,644
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
IMG_0917.jpeg
IMG_0918.jpeg
IMG_0921.jpeg
IMG_0919.jpeg
IMG_0920.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpeg
IMG_0923.jpeg
 
Very nice. I like how it isn’t sprayed one shade of grey
 
Great mount. The tracks on the back add an unique touch.
 
DAMN!!!!! Youre Good well done, warties can quickly get screwed up, that warthog is very natural looking alive I almost want to shoot it again to make sure it's dead.

The only comment I can give and it's mostly because cleints want their warties to have have massive tusks is to actually seat them as they should and not pull them out a bit to make it look longer.
Yours is tackfully done where it only takes a good eye to see that the dark black ivory is actually next to the lip and inside the mouth.
I have seen some mounts where the black/dark ivory is pushed so far out that there is a white line before the lips where that part of the tusks was actually sitting inside the tusk cavity inside the mouth.

For monster tusks better to show them off on a plague and if you still want to mount them I'm sure an expert like you could copy fibreglass ones for the mount.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,464
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top