Newbie from Oz

Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH John!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Hi all

Newbie intro from Australia, into rifle and bow hunting, range shooting and reloading.

Cheers
John
@JohnCZ .
Welcome mate ,where in OZ do you hail from. I'm on the central coast of nsw between Sydney and Newcastle. There's a whole bunch of Aussies on here. Best forum around, what calibers do you reload for and what do y ou hunt.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Bob
 
@JohnCZ .
Welcome mate ,where in OZ do you hail from. I'm on the central coast of nsw between Sydney and Newcastle. There's a whole bunch of Aussies on here. Best forum around, what calibers do you reload for and what do y ou hunt.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Bob
Located o the Gold Coast and usually hunt New England area or out western Qld although it's been a while since I've hunted out west. Normal game is everything from rabbits to deer, pigs and goats etc.. Reload 222, 243, 25-06, 6.5x55, 270, 30-30, 308, 30-06 & 300Win.
 
Usually hunt New England area, deer, pigs, goats etc.. Never hunted buffalo or scrub bulls but imagine it'd be pretty good.
@JohnCZ
The new England area is great I've got a few good feeds of fallow from the G.I. area.
Bob
 
@JohnCZ
The new England area is great I've got a few good feeds of fallow from the G.I. area.
Bob
Heading down to guyra next week although a bit hot, border finally open so the old fella (75) can come for a weekend walk in the paddock. I have a new Mauser M12 Expert in 30-06 with an Aimpoint to chase some pigs hopefully.
 
Located o the Gold Coast and usually hunt New England area or out western Qld although it's been a while since I've hunted out west. Normal game is everything from rabbits to deer, pigs and goats etc.. Reload 222, 243, 25-06, 6.5x55, 270, 30-30, 308, 30-06 & 300Win.
@JohnCZ
Hunted the adavale area but the gov't had just done an areal cull so a complete waste of time.. I like a plan the calibers you have except the 243. To me it's to big for small and to little for medium. Love the 25/06 and the 35 Whelen.
You also have a great gun shop up there in gold coast shooters supplies.
Bob
 
Heading down to guyra next week although a bit hot, border finally open so the old fella (75) can come for a weekend walk in the paddock. I have a new Mauser M12 Expert in 30-06 with an Aimpoint to chase some pigs hopefully.
@JohnCZ
Are you the old fella at 75. Your lucky the cool change has come thru.
Bob
 
@JohnCZ
The new England area is great I've got a few good feeds of fallow from the G.I. area.
Bob

@JohnCZ
Are you the old fella at 75. Your lucky the cool change has come thru.
Bob
Nah that would be Dad, figure I will drop into Ebor on the way down, he started me hunting when I was six there so I thought it'd be good just me and him for a couple of days.
The 243 is a little ZKK601 that I have just picked up, not sure what I will do for it yet, use to load for the wife's Model Seven in 243 mostly.
 
@JohnCZ
Hunted the adavale area but the gov't had just done an areal cull so a complete waste of time.. I like a plan the calibers you have except the 243. To me it's to big for small and to little for medium. Love the 25/06 and the 35 Whelen.
You also have a great gun shop up there in gold coast shooters supplies.
Bob
Gold Coast Shooters is owned by a friend of mine, good shop for finding things that aren't always available. I have been looking at the odd 9.3x62 hmmm and there is a whole different thought...
 
Hello JohnCZ,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
Gold Coast Shooters is owned by a friend of mine, good shop for finding things that aren't always available. I have been looking at the odd 9.3x62 hmmm and there is a whole different thought...
@JohnCZ
Don't worry about a 9.3 get a nice 35 Whelen they are great.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,712
Members
170,621
Latest member
Tahlia4073
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top