New Member from North Carolina

I’ve considered Namibia more than once. Unfortunately I was serious in my intro when I said I’d spent my retirement funds. It’s hanging on our walls, and it all looks great, but unless something unexpected comes along, I’m probably not going to get back to Africa. Wish that wasn’t the case. I’m in the testing process of the real 505 Bruce, a stopper size cartridge with the 500 Jeffery as the parent case. It’s shortened a bit & the shoulder is almost gone, the neck is a little longer than the Jeffery and it all fits comfortably in a 30-06 receiver/magazine. It’s completely comfortable to shoot with the 525 gr 505 bullet going 2440 fps. It has more room, but that’s 6940 ft lbs. They can only be so dead, right? I can’t help myself though. I’ll have to try the 570 gr A-Frames & Solids from Swift.

@505Bruce , I'm a recent transplant to NC and very interested in your work... I bet this new cartridge has @reedy0312 's attention as well. I'm in the Greensboro area and would love to hear more about your 505 Bruce development. Would be great to follow a thread about its development if you have the time to do so.

Welcome!

Welcome from Wake Forest!

Welcome, looking forward to your participation.

TTundra, & anyone else interested, let me look at how well I can put a timeline together for the 505 & it’s “birth”. It was longer coming than it should have been due to our commitment to customer requests for equally interesting projects. I’ll get some notes together, and when it looks like it all makes sense, I’ll begin a new thread just for the 505 Bruce. It will be development from the beginning, design, choice of receiver & barrel, build, first shot, optic, initial testing for pressure, to usable load information with ballistic data. And hopefully a target with acceptable results And thanks again for the continued welcomes to the AH site!

Welcome and please post the African hunts.

Glad to have you welcome sir.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the family 505Bruce! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to the best forum 505Bruce! Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg