New member from Alberta

P-J

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Alberta, BC,
Hello, new member here with questions about a Merkel 140ae I just purchased with the idea of using it one day in Africa. Going to head to the double rifle forum and see what the experts have to say if I can figure out a way to post without being accused of spamming... lol :)
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome!

Reactions: P-J
Welcome to AH PJ, lots of double lovers on this forum.

:S Welcome:

A fellow Albertan! Good to have you with us.

Hello, new member here with questions about a Merkel 140ae I just purchased with the idea of using it one day in Africa. Going to head to the double rifle forum and see what the experts have to say if I can figure out a way to post without being accuses of spamming... lol :)
Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board!
My best.

Welcome aboard. Where in Alberta are you from? I’ve deer hunted up there a few times, love it up there.

Welcome to AH!!

Good luck with your new rifle.
Welcome to AH.

Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome! I do love Africa and visited Zambia, Zimbabwe and SA in 2014. I met some great people from Joburg while in Asia in 2013 and was invited for their wedding so made the best of it and spent a month there!

The plains south of Kruger still to this day remind me of the Alberta foothills in the fall (with less snow mind you). I am from Okotoks, just south of Calgary, ALberta. Our family has some land in the prairies and base of the Rockies that I hunt, camp and just enjoy. :)
6.jpg

5.jpg

Welcome to AH, nice area.

Hello, new member here with questions about a Merkel 140ae I just purchased with the idea of using it one day in Africa. Going to head to the double rifle forum and see what the experts have to say if I can figure out a way to post without being accuses of spamming... lol :)View attachment 512743
Hi P-J. Welcome to AH from rural Idaho! I'm sure you will love it here. You came to the right place to learn all that you need to ....but I myself am ZERO help where guns and rifles are concerned. I'm sure you'll get the answers you need though. Enjoy the sight!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! LOVE Alberta!

Giday P-J and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome fellow Albertan, you have come and joined to the very best website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
41On

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.