New member from Alberta

P-J

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Alberta, BC,
Hello, new member here with questions about a Merkel 140ae I just purchased with the idea of using it one day in Africa. Going to head to the double rifle forum and see what the experts have to say if I can figure out a way to post without being accused of spamming... lol :)
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome!

Reactions: P-J
Welcome to AH PJ, lots of double lovers on this forum.

:S Welcome:

A fellow Albertan! Good to have you with us.

Hello, new member here with questions about a Merkel 140ae I just purchased with the idea of using it one day in Africa. Going to head to the double rifle forum and see what the experts have to say if I can figure out a way to post without being accuses of spamming... lol :)
Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board!
My best.

Welcome aboard. Where in Alberta are you from? I’ve deer hunted up there a few times, love it up there.

Welcome to AH!!

Good luck with your new rifle.
Welcome to AH.

Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome! I do love Africa and visited Zambia, Zimbabwe and SA in 2014. I met some great people from Joburg while in Asia in 2013 and was invited for their wedding so made the best of it and spent a month there!

The plains south of Kruger still to this day remind me of the Alberta foothills in the fall (with less snow mind you). I am from Okotoks, just south of Calgary, ALberta. Our family has some land in the prairies and base of the Rockies that I hunt, camp and just enjoy. :)
6.jpg

5.jpg

Welcome to AH, nice area.

Hello, new member here with questions about a Merkel 140ae I just purchased with the idea of using it one day in Africa. Going to head to the double rifle forum and see what the experts have to say if I can figure out a way to post without being accuses of spamming... lol :)View attachment 512743
Hi P-J. Welcome to AH from rural Idaho! I'm sure you will love it here. You came to the right place to learn all that you need to ....but I myself am ZERO help where guns and rifles are concerned. I'm sure you'll get the answers you need though. Enjoy the sight!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! LOVE Alberta!

Giday P-J and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome fellow Albertan, you have come and joined to the very best website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandiceWad

Latest profile posts

here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review