My very first post

Welcome to the forum Jonathan, you are in the right place!

Hi Jonathan, welcome to AH !

Welcome to the dark side, you have picked a great place to begin your quest. Enjoy the journey.

Welcome Jonathan! You can find anything you want to know about hunting in Africa on this forum. It's all here, just have to learn to use the site!

Welcome to AH! You will find a solid knowledge base here!

Ballpark number on taxidermy, IN COUNTRY, and trophy shipment, double the cost of your safari.
Let me clarify. Whatever your safari costs, add that for taxidermy over there plus shipping, CITES and import handling costs.
I did a package the first year for 5k and it was another 5k for the mounts' expenses, 10k total.

You can ABSOLUTELY do better than Hogpatrol's numbers with some pre-planning. I will get some exact numbers later (I am on the cell right now).

But three very quick ways to reduce costs: 1) Don't shot an animal that requires a CITES permit. Warthogs are cute in an ugly way...but they REALLY complicate it if you chose step 2. 2) Clear your own trophies. This easy to do if you are within a day drive of an entry port. 3) Shot less trophies...seriously! I intentionally chose to shoot less animals...and I thought better animals...to reduce taxidermy and shipping cost. You might be able to shoot three smaller animals...including one of those dann warthogs (or a free baboons-more CITES) for the same trophy cost as a kudu. But, three mounts...will cost more and take up more space (which is usually more important in calculating shipping costs) than the kudu.

PS A Zebra rug REALLY saves taxidermy and shipping costs vs similar trophy fee priced plains game.

Welcome to AH

Lots of info and entertainment here. This forum does not have all the bickering that a lot of them do. Everyone is respectful of everyone else's opinion.

Welcome to AH Jonathan! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH Jonathan.....great to have you in the forum, you will find great outfitters here, check web pages, threads and different places and options, professionals are here to assist you anytime......!!!!

Good luck in your research and stay in touch.....!!!

Was great chatting with you and hope I helped you out with some info.

Yes that is the very lori I was telling you about and here travel business. 4 trips all airfare booked by her or her daughter and all worked very well. Saved me a few hundred each trip also.

Thank you! I think your name is Lori if Im not mistaken.
An USA rep for a sponsor already pinned many roses on you and your abilities to find great airfare.
I will def keep you in mind when I get all my ducks in a row.
Thanks Jonathan and @billc - we look forward to working with you .........

Welcome to this great forum Jonathan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg