My very first post

Welcome to AH.

Welcome Jonathan. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome aboard Jonathan. On AH you will find all of the resources necessary to plan your hunt. The goal is not to have any "surprises" and proper planning will be more fun than you can imagine. You already know where to make your travel arrangements. If you will be hunting is South Africa start talking to Henry at http://riflepermits.com/ about assistance in clearing your rifles through SAPS.

welcome to AH! Glad to share info if you wish. Send a PM & I can review my costs...

Glad to be here! Stumbled upon this site by doing research to possibly take a south african plain game hunt in the next year or two.
Looking at kudu, impala and zebra for the first trip.
I have many questions concerning shipping fees from africa to usa. I want to shoulder mount the impala and kudu. Any input is welcome...
Thanks in advance for opportunity to be here!
Jonathan
Dear Jonathan
Welcome to this great Forum where you could gather a lot of information to assist you in the planning process.
Enjoy the planning process since it forms a huge FUN part of the safari.
It would be a good idea to check out the hunt reports to assist you in the planning process.
Happy hunting and straight shooting.

Glad to be here! Stumbled upon this site by doing research to possibly take a south african plain game hunt in the next year or two.
I have many questions concerning shipping fees from africa to usa. I want to shoulder mount the impala and kudu. Any input is welcome...

Jonathan

Welcome and enjoy.

Jonathan,

Sorry for the delayed response to my earlier post in this thread. I am living in a motorhome and have limited access to the Internet so I have been using the app instead of the website to access AH...and I wasn't able to find which thread I had promised to respond to!

I did a plains game hunt with Blaauwkrantz Safaris in 2015...full report at https://www.africahunting.com/threa...ris-the-best-kudu-hunting-in-the-world.16423/ my total costs for two kudu, a nyalla, a bushbuck, six days of hunting, and one observer was $10,417 (oh and a rifle rental and 7 bullets!). I had my taxidermy done in South Africa by Paul Smith at Relive Taxidermy (you will find many positive reviews for them on the site) with 2 kudu wall pedestals, 1 nyala wall pedestal, 1 bushbuck shouler mount, and a nyala backskin for a total taxidermy costs of $3085. Add in $1250 for shipping and I had a total cost of $4335 in my home and on the wall in 6 months.

So I am at 41% of the costs of the hunt for taxidermy...to my house...in six months! Let me know if you need any more info!

Jonathan
Welcome Jonathan. Allow us to assist you in planning your Dream Namibian Safari. Old style, free range plains game hunting at affordable rates. Hunting Mountain Zebra in their natural habitat is a real challenge.

Hi Jonothan.

Wintershoek Safaris can offer exactly what you are looking for. We own and operate 4 areas in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa with a combined size of 246 000 acres. You can check out our website at www.wintershoeksafais.com.

We also own our very own African San Taxidermy which means that the same people that you do your hunt with will be responsible to get your trophy to your doorstep.you are more than welcome to contact us at info@wintershoeksafaris.com.

We are here to help you plan your African Safari from A-Z to ensure that you have a worry-free trip and focus on hunting and taking in all the beauty that this country has to offer.

Regards
The Wintershoek Safaris Team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross