My .470 got it done

Reckless

AH senior member
Joined
Jun 22, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
18
Media
6
Hunted
Africa, Australia, UK.
image.jpg
 
nice animal ,reckless
where ?
when ?
who with ?
nice gun , fella
you are a man of very few words .......:giggle:
 
Nice! And +1 for some details.
 
Reckless..................nice foto, nice buff...............love the rifle............what bullets did you use? ..................FWB
 
Nice Cape Buffalo...

And now for the rest of the story...
 
nice animal ,reckless
where ?
when ?
who with ?
nice gun , fella
you are a man of very few words .......:giggle:
Yes my friend. I was not sure if anyone would be interested but here goes.
Where...just outside the park. Gravelot.
When....last week
Who with ......Albert Alberts Safaris
Rifle....Chapuis .470 Nitro Express
Also got a Blue Wildebeest, Impala, African wild cat, Kudu,Wart Hog . Now got to sell a couple of body parts to pay for the taxidermy.
 
The other game shot with .270, .375HH and a 30.06
 
Reckless..................nice foto, nice buff...............love the rifle............what bullets did you use? ..................FWB
For the Buffalo I used Norma 500 SN. ( all I could get hold of but did the job real well) one shot dropped him one in the heart point blank to finish the old chap.
 
Reckless you got a very nice buff. So you took four rifles with you? Congrats on all the trophies.
 
Congrats!
 
not interested ,ha ha ha don't be rude .......

ha ha ha you took four firearms out through Sydney .you must of been a bloody celebrity that day ,bloke

nice kudu , congratulations
 
Love that Kudu.

And we are ALWAYS interested!! :)
 
Reckless , how far was the shot on the buff ?
 
Reckless , how far was the shot on the buff ?
I stepped it out after the kill and it was a crazy 22 meters. He was feeding away from me and I was slightly elevated when we checked the shot shocked the spinal chord and went down into lung and caught a piece of heart. Still took one to finish him but he wasn't a danger.
 
Congrats, nice buff, and yes, we are always interested in the story behind the shooting !
 
Nice Buff! I hope I get one as nice next year. Your kudu is also a great trophy but did notice the rifle you are holding has a funny bolt thingy and is missing a barrel:eek: but then again; my kudu rifle seemed to be missing a second barrel too. Look like you had a great safari.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,676
Members
168,944
Latest member
grittomvema1974
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top