AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
full

Hello Everybody.
We wish that 2022 will be a prosperous and healthy year for everyone.

Following numerous requests for our new lion specials for 2022 here they are.
We tried to keep the prices the same as 2021 but had to take away the free pick up and drop off in Johannesburg and we had to lessen the hunting days from 5 days (6 nights) to 4 days (5 nights) included.
The reasons for that is that demand for lion hunts are up.
This year will probably be the last year that the South African government will allow lion hunting before they close it down.
So everybody is booking lion hunts like crazy.
The second reason is that supply of lions are down.
Like us many other outfitters and breeders do not want to be caught with their pants around their ankles when the government shuts down lion hunting so they have reduced their lion numbers drastically during last year.
We personally have reduced our lion numbers by more than 50 % during 2021.

So if you want to hunt a lion do not wait any longer.
Do not say next year that nobody warned you that 2022 will be the last year you will be able to hunt a lion.

To our clients who booked the 2021 packages last year - well done to you.
We are looking forward to have you with us.

Sincerely
Hans De Klerk
Kalahari Lion Hunt 2022-1.jpg

Kalahari Lion Hunt 2022-2.jpg

Attachments

• Kalahari Lion Hunt 2022.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the post and what looks to be a great deal. Quick question: Why are the skull and claws not included? Just the skin?

Thank you for the post and what looks to be a great deal. Quick question: Why are the skull and claws not included? Just the skin?
To keep the price on lions affordable (as low as possible) to everybody (especially American customers who cannot import anyhow) we are selling the lion bones, skull and claws to the Oriental market (if we can get export permits).
I am currently sitting with 3 year's stock of lion bones that we cannot get export permits for because our government is just stalling and not doing their job.
If the client wants the skull and the claws (and can import them) then he is welcome to have them provided he pays a little more.

The price on lions are the lowest it has been in years.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I paid extra for my lioness skull very glad I did since I can keep it.
Hans, runs a first class operation and my hunt was better than expected.

Good offer, anyone even thinking of doing this hunt, I say DO IT NOW. What an experience.

Good to see the skull and claw clause up front, something that hunter (I) should never learn when in Kalahari camp. We did get worked out, but creates issues, stress and trust issues that nobody needed. Especially being Canadian so imports not real difficult at least now. I also say you are correct about the closure of these lion hunts soon. So glad we did in 2021 despite the "warned" issues that in no way shape of form did we see or effect out hunt.

Someone get on this offer.

MB

Are these tracking s&s hunts? Can they be done baited & with a bow? I am also confused as to import into the US- I was under the impression one cannot parcel out parts IOW take home the floating ribs & claws and leave the rest. Thanks

Wow. Say what you want, but this is a hell of a deal, and I’m sure the hunt would be incredible!

Are these tracking s&s hunts? Can they be done baited & with a bow? I am also confused as to import into the US- I was under the impression one cannot parcel out parts IOW take home the floating ribs & claws and leave the rest. Thanks
Hello Frank
Yes this is a tracking hunt only.
It is illegal to bait in South Africa as our government reasons that it make it too easy.
Lions learn quickly if there is free bait available so it will be easy and unethical to make a "baiting station" where you know you will find the lions every day. So no baiting is allowed in South Africa.
If you want to hunt with a bow you can still track the lion on foot and when we spot it (hopefully before it spotted us) then we can work our way closer to the lion undetected to be able to get within bow range. We have done several lion hunts with bow and arrow. I fact there is a hunting report somewhere on AH.com about a client who hunted a lion with us with a bow and arrow a few months ago.
No part of the lion can be imported into USA or France or Australia.
If you live in any other country you can import you lion trophy - no problem.
If an American citizen owns a house (or have friends) in Canada, Mexico or the Caribean the lion trophies can be sent there legally.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Wow. Say what you want, but this is a hell of a deal, and I’m sure the hunt would be incredible!
Hello Aaron
Yes it is a fantastic deal! And clients know it as we have been flooded with enquiries.
This year will probably be the last year our government (RSA) will allow lion hunting.
So if you still have a dream of hunting a lion do not wait till next year as it might be too late.

We have just received (yesterday) our first client for our 2022 season for male lion.
Client is from Tampa, Florida.
Will keep you posted when we get a lion.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Nice Youtube video drop this past week. I enjoyed it !

To those considering an archery hunt, I had a successful archery lion hunt with DeKlerk the last week of October, 2021 (see Dec 9, 2021 report in Hunting Reports, Africa). Be prepared to track and stalk your quarry, and to get closer than feels comfortable- there's no hiding in an elevated stand for this hunt. Having two competent PH's carrying big bore rifles provides (some) comfort, but my advice is that only deeply experienced archers should attempt this. DeKlerk is a first rate operation, and I can't thank Hans and Frikkie enough for the opportunity they created for me.

I guess the SA government has given in to the anti hunting organizations!

Our season started off with a bang.
We harvested this magnificent male lion in January 2022 with an American hunter.
Thanks to PH Gordon for once again bringing your clients to us for lion.

Had another lion hunter from Spain in February who hunted a lioness.
The grass is very tall at the moment so it makes tracking very difficult.
Also spotting the lions in the tall grass is very difficult.

We are looking forward to the rest of the season.
Will keep you guys posted.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Lion Gordon.jpg

Just to show how small the hunting world is.
We have a hunter in camp right now who harvested a lioness today.
His nickname on the site is Para45.
He bought a 375 H&H rifle from degoins who hunted with us last year.
What a coincidence!!
Our season for this year is very full.
Have a few weeks open in October and November of this year (2022)
We are already taking bookings for 2023 and the dates are filling up for next year so if you want to do a lion hunt do not wait too long.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg