Kudu Pictures

my friend with his kudu.

DSCN2098 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some awesome kudu!!

With a quick drive on Friday Frikkie managed to take a few pictures of some Kudu roaming our main concession. You can see we had an off season last year with 2 bulls that had leg injuries. We need to get hunting soon. The trophy quality is just amazing!!!!
IMG-20210129-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20210129-WA0049.jpg
IMG-20210129-WA0078.jpg
IMG-20210129-WA0191.jpg
IMG-20210129-WA0178.jpg
IMG-20210129-WA0108.jpg

Here is a Big Old Bull I shot myself with one of the Trackers up in the Limpopo hills, I was carrying & used my .458Win, had no camera so we quickly got the Bakkie to him, loaded him up & got back to the home ranch just on dark for some photos !

P1090504 (2).JPG

Narrow, wide, short, or tall....I love them all!

That is a wonderful Kudu. How long? Any more photos?

Thank you, yes I was over the Moon happy & surprised to see a Bull like that & get him better still !

I have more pic's but I'm in them & spoil them a bit lol !

My buddy measured him ( I didn't on purpose as it was just the look I wanted) I remember he said 59 7/8ths, which is crazy as I was dreaming of a wide 54-56in bull & after hunting them a fair while now & with many hunters & finding it hard to get 52-53in (saw a 55-56 many times with no hunter or after the season but wasn't allowed to shoot him myself) even more he was on a rough cattle type farm, hunting is done there but not in the normal sense & I could hunt any size I saw so if he went over 60in would still be fine !

Maybe I'll get the tape out & see how much he has shrunk in the drying .

Image1612731873.528094.jpg

I may have shared this already, if so apologies. Upper Luangwa Valley, Zambia.

@WAB that is one handsome kudu! Plus it looks to be healthy and in prime condition- very nice. When I was there coming in from Lusaka, we first drove through the larger NP to the SE- IIRC, Lukusuzi then through the smaller NP Luambe before heading north into the GMA hunting area on the east side of the Luangwa. I remember seeing a fresh bull kudu skull leaning up against the guard house at the entrance to Lukusuzi NP. It looked like a fairly fresh predator kill. It was also an excellent bull and seeing yours just now reminded me of that kudu. During my stay there, I never saw a kudu larger than about 45". Besides the buffalo I took, a suicidal high fifties + kudu eluded me and would have been the only other game I would have taken. I ended having too much fun doing other things and didn't even notice the next 12 days go by not pulling the trigger on any other animal. :) Puku would have been logical but I didn't pay too much attention to them. But looking back I should have spent at least a little time on bushbuck as there seemed to be quite a density of good ones there.

Reactions: WAB
Kudu my son shot in the eastern cape a couple years ago. It was his first big game animal. He went on to shoot 9 more animals this trip and was treated like gold by the huntershill staff. Excellent time with my oldest son. Strengthened our bond and gave my boy a big lift of confidence.
956812FC-47D5-4157-8236-76DD2471E96D.jpeg
Cherish this memory for the rest of our lives.

Eastern Cape Kudu. Quartering-away shot at 280-m with .375 H&H. The bullet (Barnes 300gr TSX) entered behind the last rib and split the heart. This bull went 15-m and piled up. When the PH said "Shoot when you have a clean shot" and started counting off the range, "220, 240, 260, 280" I shot.
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_7618.JPG

Eastern Cape Kudu. Quartering-away shot at 280-m with .375 H&H. The bullet (Barnes 300gr TSX) entered behind the last rib and split the heart. This bull went 15-m and piled up. When the PH said "Shoot when you have a clean shot" and started counting off the range, "220, 240, 260, 280" I shot.
View attachment 414991View attachment 414993
View attachment 414991View attachment 414993

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottlinks

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt