Judging Giraffe

Great pics Louis.

And there I was picturing you driving back to the camp with four long legs poking up from the back of the truck and a dirtly great long neck dragging on the ground behind !

Thank you Paul!

There are guys who put the whole thing on a trailer and I have seen a picture of one that they picked up in a TLB I just don’t want to move the animal around too much before we have the skin off, scared it will get damaged.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

I love the pattern on your giraffe Lori, very nice...would have liked to have gotten that one myself (lol).

... There are guys who put the whole thing on a trailer and I have seen a picture of one that they picked up in a TLB...

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL that one is classic thanks for posting it Jerome!

Best regards
Louis van Bergen

When we manage to get an Elk close to a farm we are very thankful for that type of help Jerome.

Great picture there Lori! hey that giraffe is pretty nice to..

Process of setting up a Giraffe for trophy pictures

Process of setting up a Giraffe for trophy pictures with the help of a winch...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Giraffe Trophy Photos

Same Giraffe bull just some trophy photos taken from different angles and positions to give you guys some ideas for your trophy bull!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

What an awesome thread!

I wish I'd found this before I went on my first Safari, but maybe it's even better now since I'm sure that I appreciate it more.

I have sure had a lot of those "non-hunting" types question my choosing to shoot a Giraffe... I don't even know where to start tellin' people like that why, so I really don't even try. I mean, "if ya have to ask..."

I have enjoyed having taken mine so much that I want to do it again, and I don't even have my flatskin home yet. If I find one that appeals to me, which many in the photos in this thread have, I will gladly take another one.

IMG_1595.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpeg
    IMG_1595.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 181
Just want to share pics of a bull I saw in Zim twice, last year and 2 weeks ago. Very interesting bull, look at his head...
078-2.jpg

078-1.jpg

Also hunted one few years ago in RSA, mature bull, not as dark as others, but nice anyway...
002-1.jpg

Attachments

• 002-1.jpeg
    002-1.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 078-1.jpeg
    078-1.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 078-2.jpeg
    078-2.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 199
Just want to share pics of a bull I saw in Zim twice, last year and 2 weeks ago. Very interesting bull, look at his head...
078-2.jpg

That is one freaky looking Giraffe! Thanks for sharing Martin!

Shot one once probably won't do it again.

Did your ever get that giraffe? I have this dream of a shoulder mount, articulating head, lamp in its mouth. I have a few friends that think it a great idea, but the wife is absolutely against it. When I get the chance to take my first trip to Africa, I might accidentally forget to tell her it's arranged..:rockon:

It's still on the list. I definitely want one. I have not forgot about it.

It's still on the list. I definitely want one. I have not forgot about it.

You have got to see the selection at Jerome's place.
Absolutely bloody amazing. I mean selection.
They must have the best habitat on earth for Giraffe.

My wife told me today, after linking her to the front loader picture, I'm still banned from bagging a giraffe. She says it can't come in the house! :banned: :nonono:

My wife told me today, after linking her to the front loader picture, I'm still banned from bagging a giraffe. She says it can't come in the house! :banned: :nonono:

That's too bad, I really liked your idea for the mount!

I really think you will like zebra hunting. I love hunting them. I have received more than my share of hate mail for hunting them.

Talking to a buddy this evening....I think I should just make all my mounts into lamps! That'll teach her to stifle my dreams!

Talking to a buddy this evening....I think I should just make all my mounts into lamps! That'll teach her to stifle my dreams!

Sometimes you have to let it go and hope she lets down her guard as the years go by.

As Norm said on "Cheers", women...pass the beer nuts".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg