Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
For those of you who may hunted Mozambique, and particularly Coutada 14, I received bad news today. Coutada 14 has been under the management of Tony Wicker for many years. It has some of the finest buffalo and plains game hunting found anywhere in the Delta. Tony's son Sebastian had assumed most of the responsibilities for the hunting operation from Tony. Yesterday he passed away from what was believed to be the bite of a forest cobra. He was bitten while hunting buffalo. The first hospital to which he was evacuated was out of current anti-venom, and by the time he was further evacuated to Beira it was too late. Along with his father he leaves Amanda and their new baby.

For those of you who may have read my report or article about my last hunt to Mozambique, it was Sebastian who gave me eight A Frames to tide me over until my checked bag was found. With them I took a wonderful swamp buffalo. Both he and Amanda were the most delightful hosts imaginable. We are losing far too many of these special people.

Sad news indeed, prayers for the family.

A tragic loss. Hoping that those who knew and hunted with him will have the chance to share their stories and praise of him with the child one day.

Tragic and sad news. I did not know him him but it always make me sad when I see a new baby who will never know their father. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Wow, what a tragedy. Condolences to his family. Sad news. :cry::cry:

That is terrible news. Prayers for his family.

Condolences to his family, another life gone too soon.

Rest in peace, it’s been a tough couple of years for Mozambique operators, last year it was Paul Ferreira in coutada 10 and now Sebastion. Prayers to all!

Prayers ...

Terrible news, prayers for the family in this difficult time!

Horrible news, our thoughts and prayers for his loved ones.

Condolences to his family a friends on this great loss.

Very sad that a simple treatment was not available to him.

Rest in Peace, Sebastian.

Condolences to his family a friends on this great loss.

Very sad that a simple treatment was not available to him.
Makes you heartsick. No one should die from a snakebite in this day and age.

Thats rough news. RIP... So sad simple anti venom not available......
Bruce

That’s very sad to hear. Condolences to the family and friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg