Hunting In Texas

Lead

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
About a year ago I went hunting for black buck in Breckinridge Texas with my dad. We had a great hunt and both of us got good sized black buck.

On the third day we woke up at 5:00 am and drove an atv to the top of the biggest hill on the property. The stand we used was located on the top of the hill with a great view of the entire property. At about 6:00 am the sun started to rise and we were able to see the feeder. At about 7:15 am we saw a small buck enter the clearing where the feeder sat. A little while later the buck I shot entered the clearing and started to eat. We waited and watched the bucks eat and tried to see which one was bigger. The buck I shot seemed to be in charge as he would chase away the other buck around the feeder to keep the food to himself. At 7:45 am we were ready to shoot. I squeezed the trigger and hit the buck in the left shoulder. The buck jumped into the air then walked on its front legs for a second before run jumping towards the woods. I loaded another shot and hit it in the same spot a little higher to the top left of the shoulder. The buck collapsed and was finished.

IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shooting! I would like to get a black buck too!

Fine job young man! Welcome to the forum

Great looking blackbuck!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the site young man. That is a fine antelope!

About a year ago I went hunting for black buck in Breckinridge Texas with my dad. We had a great hunt and both of us got good sized black buck.

On the third day we woke up at 5:00 am and drove an atv to the top of the biggest hill on the property. The stand we used was located on the top of the hill with a great view of the entire property. At about 6:00 am the sun started to rise and we were able to see the feeder. At about 7:15 am we saw a small buck enter the clearing where the feeder sat. A little while later the buck I shot entered the clearing and started to eat. We waited and watched the bucks eat and tried to see which one was bigger. The buck I shot seemed to be in charge as he would chase away the other buck around the feeder to keep the food to himself. At 7:45 am we were ready to shoot. I squeezed the trigger and hit the buck in the left shoulder. The buck jumped into the air then walked on its front legs for a second before run jumping towards the woods. I loaded another shot and hit it in the same spot a little higher to the top left of the shoulder. The buck collapsed and was finished.
@Lead
Well done young man. Good shooting and nice trophy. Y'all will have to get dad to take you to Namibia to hunt you will have a ball.
Bob

Well done!

Well written report! Congratulations!

Beautiful Black Buck. What caliber rifle were you using? Nice shooting. Congrats
Bruce

Welcome and congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg