Hunting In Texas

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
About a year ago I went hunting for black buck in Breckinridge Texas with my dad. We had a great hunt and both of us got good sized black buck.

On the third day we woke up at 5:00 am and drove an atv to the top of the biggest hill on the property. The stand we used was located on the top of the hill with a great view of the entire property. At about 6:00 am the sun started to rise and we were able to see the feeder. At about 7:15 am we saw a small buck enter the clearing where the feeder sat. A little while later the buck I shot entered the clearing and started to eat. We waited and watched the bucks eat and tried to see which one was bigger. The buck I shot seemed to be in charge as he would chase away the other buck around the feeder to keep the food to himself. At 7:45 am we were ready to shoot. I squeezed the trigger and hit the buck in the left shoulder. The buck jumped into the air then walked on its front legs for a second before run jumping towards the woods. I loaded another shot and hit it in the same spot a little higher to the top left of the shoulder. The buck collapsed and was finished.

IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Great shooting! I would like to get a black buck too!

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Fine job young man! Welcome to the forum

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Great looking blackbuck!

Welcome to AH!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Welcome to the site young man. That is a fine antelope!

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
About a year ago I went hunting for black buck in Breckinridge Texas with my dad. We had a great hunt and both of us got good sized black buck.

On the third day we woke up at 5:00 am and drove an atv to the top of the biggest hill on the property. The stand we used was located on the top of the hill with a great view of the entire property. At about 6:00 am the sun started to rise and we were able to see the feeder. At about 7:15 am we saw a small buck enter the clearing where the feeder sat. A little while later the buck I shot entered the clearing and started to eat. We waited and watched the bucks eat and tried to see which one was bigger. The buck I shot seemed to be in charge as he would chase away the other buck around the feeder to keep the food to himself. At 7:45 am we were ready to shoot. I squeezed the trigger and hit the buck in the left shoulder. The buck jumped into the air then walked on its front legs for a second before run jumping towards the woods. I loaded another shot and hit it in the same spot a little higher to the top left of the shoulder. The buck collapsed and was finished.
@Lead
Well done young man. Good shooting and nice trophy. Y'all will have to get dad to take you to Namibia to hunt you will have a ball.
Bob

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
Very nice, congratulations.

cagkt3

Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Well done!

superdutch

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
SA East Cape (‘19) Tanzania ('18) Namibia ('15, '17), USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX
Well written report! Congratulations!

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Beautiful Black Buck. What caliber rifle were you using? Nice shooting. Congrats
Bruce

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome and congrats !

Latest profile posts

Damon Engel wrote on Saul's profile.
Hello! I noticed your E Type in your avatar. What year is it? I have a '69 that looks identical, minus the wire wheels. My car has the steel rims, as I understand it,a more expensive option, but I like the wire wheel much better!
pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.