Hunting In Texas

Lead

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
About a year ago I went hunting for black buck in Breckinridge Texas with my dad. We had a great hunt and both of us got good sized black buck.

On the third day we woke up at 5:00 am and drove an atv to the top of the biggest hill on the property. The stand we used was located on the top of the hill with a great view of the entire property. At about 6:00 am the sun started to rise and we were able to see the feeder. At about 7:15 am we saw a small buck enter the clearing where the feeder sat. A little while later the buck I shot entered the clearing and started to eat. We waited and watched the bucks eat and tried to see which one was bigger. The buck I shot seemed to be in charge as he would chase away the other buck around the feeder to keep the food to himself. At 7:45 am we were ready to shoot. I squeezed the trigger and hit the buck in the left shoulder. The buck jumped into the air then walked on its front legs for a second before run jumping towards the woods. I loaded another shot and hit it in the same spot a little higher to the top left of the shoulder. The buck collapsed and was finished.

IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shooting! I would like to get a black buck too!

Fine job young man! Welcome to the forum

Great looking blackbuck!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the site young man. That is a fine antelope!

About a year ago I went hunting for black buck in Breckinridge Texas with my dad. We had a great hunt and both of us got good sized black buck.

On the third day we woke up at 5:00 am and drove an atv to the top of the biggest hill on the property. The stand we used was located on the top of the hill with a great view of the entire property. At about 6:00 am the sun started to rise and we were able to see the feeder. At about 7:15 am we saw a small buck enter the clearing where the feeder sat. A little while later the buck I shot entered the clearing and started to eat. We waited and watched the bucks eat and tried to see which one was bigger. The buck I shot seemed to be in charge as he would chase away the other buck around the feeder to keep the food to himself. At 7:45 am we were ready to shoot. I squeezed the trigger and hit the buck in the left shoulder. The buck jumped into the air then walked on its front legs for a second before run jumping towards the woods. I loaded another shot and hit it in the same spot a little higher to the top left of the shoulder. The buck collapsed and was finished.
@Lead
Well done young man. Good shooting and nice trophy. Y'all will have to get dad to take you to Namibia to hunt you will have a ball.
Bob

Well done!

Well written report! Congratulations!

Beautiful Black Buck. What caliber rifle were you using? Nice shooting. Congrats
Bruce

Welcome and congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,