Howdy y'all!

pbs76

Reaction score
Hello from Texas. Going on my first trip to SA in June. Really looking forward to it, but I have a lot to learn in a short time. Will be reading up as much as I can on this forum. I see a lot of good info here. Thanks in advance for all that you have and will provide.

Welcome aboard. Where will you be hunting? Who is your outfitter? What game will you be hunting? Rifle or bow?

Howdy!

Welcome to AH sir.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH pbs76! Tell us a bit more about your hunting safari and let us know if you have any specific question.

Welcome to AH, tell us what you have planned and what guns you plan on taking!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH !

Thank you all. I'll be hunting with Donovan Steynberg with Restless Africa Safaris. Recently met Donovan for dinner, and am more excited than ever. He is a true gentleman, honest, helpful, etc. We will be after plains game being this is the first trip over. I haven't made up my mind yet on the exact species though. I was going to take a .375 Ruger and a .300 Win Mag, but have decided just to use the guns in camp. This will be not only a hunting trip, but also a vacation for the family. Both my wife and in-laws are going, and we will be spending time at Victoria Falls and Dubai on the way back. I really would like to use my own guns, because I am more familiar with them, and I believe it would make a better story, but with the whole family going, I really do not want to take the chance of spending extra time in customs, missing flights, etc. I am currently looking for luggage for both my wife and me. I understand soft is the way to go, and no rollers, due to having to go in trucks and small planes over there. I've got my eye on the North Face duffel for the checked bag, and an Osprey backpack for the carry-on. I'm sure some of you have used these, and have reviews, or have opinions on what you would suggest we use. Thanks again for the welcomes. I can't get enough of this site.

Welcome to AH, You will find all the info you need here on this site. Good luck on your hunting trip!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome pbs76! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome and good luck. Look forward to the hunt report on your return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg