Howdy from Florida

Steve Gibicsar

New member
Joined
Jun 27, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
I've been wanting to hunt in Africa for a long time and now that I have the funds socked away, I'm researching the details. I've been hunting whitetail deer in several states and my interest in Africa is plains game. I had favored Namibia from my research but I recently read that handgun hunting is not allowed. I would like to hunt a few species of antelope and possibly a warthog and I think western Africa is my best bet. I'm open to any and all advice and suggestions.
 
Welcome! Lots of info on here, and a lot of experienced guys. Feel free to post specific questions and I'm sure you'll get a lot of answers/advice/opinions.
 
Welcome to AH.

Western Africa! Got a country in mind?
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Hi Steve, welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to our forum Steve...lots here to research/learn!
 
Welcome to AH Steve! Glad to have you join the conversation.
 
Giday and welcome to the A H forums Steve
 
Welcome, good luck in your search, picked the right place to start.
 
Welcome aboard Steve. AH is the best place to get answers to all of your questions. There are a lot of outfitter / sponsors here that can offer you what you are looking. For your first safari a Plains Game "package" would be your best bet. Start by reading the current as well as previous hunting reports. Eventually you will have enough info to establish a short list. Then you can put together a spread sheet with corresponding prices and finally select the best deal for you. For most first time hunters it takes about a year to get everything in order. So if you hustle, 2020 is still a possibility. There is an old saying, "that you are better off with a devil you know than one you don't." Outfitters are vetted extensively on these pages. Use that knowledge to your best advantage. The best web-site, doesn't necessarily mean the best outfitter.
 
Welcome Steve to AH!
 
I've been wanting to hunt in Africa for a long time and now that I have the funds socked away, I'm researching the details. I've been hunting whitetail deer in several states and my interest in Africa is plains game. I had favored Namibia from my research but I recently read that handgun hunting is not allowed. I would like to hunt a few species of antelope and possibly a warthog and I think western Africa is my best bet. I'm open to any and all advice and suggestions.

I’m a Whitetailer also. Not been to Africa yet- but the dream is alive. Nice to meet...
 
Welcome to AH, Steve!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,359
Members
170,558
Latest member
EthelSha5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top