Hello, new guy from Montana

G'day mate!! Grand to have you with us. (y)

Welcome to AH Dan416!

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome Dan,
I’m from the other side of the Clarks Fork in 9 mile valley, got property by Virginia City now but have been resigned to the gates of hell here in Houston for a spell. Looking forward to the day I get home permanently. Please post information on big bore shoots!
Cheers,
Cody

Hello, I just sold a rifle to a nice guy from Tennessee and he recommended africahunting.com. I have been hanging around over on another forum for a few years. I host a big bore match yearly in Hamilton, MT and help RO the Safari Rifle shoot in Libby, MT. Can't say that I hunt Africa, but I can fantasize about it. The 416 Taylor, 458 AccRel and 505 Gibbs have been fun.

Welcome to AH!

Hello, I just sold a rifle to a nice guy from Tennessee and he recommended africahunting.com. I have been hanging around over on another forum for a few years. I host a big bore match yearly in Hamilton, MT and help RO the Safari Rifle shoot in Libby, MT. Can't say that I hunt Africa, but I can fantasize about it. The 416 Taylor, 458 AccRel and 505 Gibbs have been fun.
Welcome Dan, look forward to hearing your African stories soon....

Welcome aboard.
Yes some more info about the big bore match would be nice.

Welcome Dan416! Stop fantasizing and start planning! This is a great place to start, heck it’s cheaper for me to go to Africa to hunt than is to go to western US for an elk hunt...

Welcome!

If you're planning a trip to Africa you'll find this site an invaluable source of useful information.

BTW, I visited the great state of Montana for the first time the week of Thanksgiving 2018 for a guided Elk hunt. The location was the Snowcrest Range in the Southern part of the Beaverhead National Forest. A week on horseback chasing Elk in those mountains had me in love with the place.

The "box" we hunted was W112.10-W112.01, N44.89-N44.91.

Simply gorgeous.

Welcome to the best forum! My wife and I love Montana. We used to go to Forsyth every year for the Quigley Match but haven't been in a while.

Welcome to the forum. The only problem you'll have is people wanting to help your dream of going to Africa come true.....
Bruce

Welcome Dan416, I am also from Montana. I have a place in Hamilton and in Kalispell.

Welcome to AH Dan! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the family and the forum Dan, you are in the right place!

Welcome to this great forum Dan! Enjoy the site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg