Hello from Texas!

Thank you everyone!

Welcome to AH, Matt!

Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt
Welcome Matt. It will be an honor to assist in planning your first African Safari with your family - we offer old style, free range plains game hunting at affordable rates. Our outfit is family owned and run and we welcome families and young hunters. Namibia is politically and economically the most stable country in Africa and a great place to start the journey

Welcome Matt! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome Matt. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!

Hi Matt!

Welcome to AH Sir! We can help you plan your trip from A to Z to ensure that you have a worry-free experience and concentrate on hunting and taking in the beauty that this country has to offer.

Please send us an email if you would like us to send you more info.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

The Wintershoek Safaris Team

Welcome to AH and enjoy the planning it is half the fun. I see that a few of the AH sponsors have responded which is a good place to start.

Hi Matt

Welcome to AH
If you need any info or have any queries feel free to ask

Kind regards

Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt

Hi there Matt.

I have taken the liberty in replying to your email written to AH.

Yes indeed, I think every hunter around the world has his eyes set to an African hunt somewhere in his lifetime.

The old saying “Africa is not for sissies” brings a rather adventurous meaning to the continent.

We are a hunting outfit from South Africa, private land owners, whom mostly hunt on our own land with a diverse species list.

We totally understand that hunting companions can become an expensive exercise and therefore am I prepared to offer a nice package deal for you.

We are situated in the western bushveld of South Africa were the hunting terrain still offers hard tough hunting conditions by walk and stalk or a bit easier from hunting vehicles. This all depends on customer’s capabilities and preferences.

As my own daughters aged 8 and 9 recently shot their first Impala’s and the joy it brings to the whole family ,we will be looking forward to bring that same pleasure to your family as your wife and son might follow in the hunting tradition.

This has been a pleasure in writing to you this email and please do not hesitate to ask any questions and if we can assist you in fulfilling your lifelong dream in becoming an African hunter.

Please visit our website for pictures of our camp and other info.

We are looking forward to hear from you soon

Kindest Regards

Conrad Theron

Last edited by a moderator:

Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt
Matt,
Welcome from another Texan. Enjoy planning and feel free to reach out with questions.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg