Hello from Texas!

matthew anderson

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
101st Airborne Division Association, 506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association, HSC, GOA,NRA,Afghanistan Hunting Club
Thank you everyone!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH, Matt!

johnvdw

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NAPHA, NTB
Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt
Welcome Matt. It will be an honor to assist in planning your first African Safari with your family - we offer old style, free range plains game hunting at affordable rates. Our outfit is family owned and run and we welcome families and young hunters. Namibia is politically and economically the most stable country in Africa and a great place to start the journey

Global Rescue

Sponsor
Since 2012
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
Welcome Matt! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Welcome Matt. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.eurekahuntingsafaris.com
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
Welcome Matt, please let me know if I can assist you with your planning.

johnnyv

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club & Professional Hunters Association of South Africa
Hi Matt!

Welcome to AH Sir! We can help you plan your trip from A to Z to ensure that you have a worry-free experience and concentrate on hunting and taking in the beauty that this country has to offer.

Please send us an email if you would like us to send you more info.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

The Wintershoek Safaris Team

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Welcome to AH and enjoy the planning it is half the fun. I see that a few of the AH sponsors have responded which is a good place to start.

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
Hi Matt

Welcome to AH
If you need any info or have any queries feel free to ask

Kind regards

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

conradt

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA, Wildlife Ranching S.A, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Namibie
Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt

Hi there Matt.

I have taken the liberty in replying to your email written to AH.

Yes indeed, I think every hunter around the world has his eyes set to an African hunt somewhere in his lifetime.

The old saying “Africa is not for sissies” brings a rather adventurous meaning to the continent.

We are a hunting outfit from South Africa, private land owners, whom mostly hunt on our own land with a diverse species list.

We totally understand that hunting companions can become an expensive exercise and therefore am I prepared to offer a nice package deal for you.

We are situated in the western bushveld of South Africa were the hunting terrain still offers hard tough hunting conditions by walk and stalk or a bit easier from hunting vehicles. This all depends on customer’s capabilities and preferences.

As my own daughters aged 8 and 9 recently shot their first Impala’s and the joy it brings to the whole family ,we will be looking forward to bring that same pleasure to your family as your wife and son might follow in the hunting tradition.

This has been a pleasure in writing to you this email and please do not hesitate to ask any questions and if we can assist you in fulfilling your lifelong dream in becoming an African hunter.

Please visit our website for pictures of our camp and other info.

We are looking forward to hear from you soon

Kindest Regards

Conrad Theron

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM

Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt
Matt,
Welcome from another Texan. Enjoy planning and feel free to reach out with questions.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergezs

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.