Hello from Texas!

Thank you everyone!
 
Welcome to AH, Matt!
 
Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt
Welcome Matt. It will be an honor to assist in planning your first African Safari with your family - we offer old style, free range plains game hunting at affordable rates. Our outfit is family owned and run and we welcome families and young hunters. Namibia is politically and economically the most stable country in Africa and a great place to start the journey
 
Welcome Matt! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
 
Welcome Matt. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!
 
Hi Matt!

Welcome to AH Sir! We can help you plan your trip from A to Z to ensure that you have a worry-free experience and concentrate on hunting and taking in the beauty that this country has to offer.

Please send us an email if you would like us to send you more info.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

The Wintershoek Safaris Team
 
Welcome to AH and enjoy the planning it is half the fun. I see that a few of the AH sponsors have responded which is a good place to start.
 
Hi Matt

Welcome to AH
If you need any info or have any queries feel free to ask

Kind regards
 
Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt


Hi there Matt.


I have taken the liberty in replying to your email written to AH.


Yes indeed, I think every hunter around the world has his eyes set to an African hunt somewhere in his lifetime.

The old saying “Africa is not for sissies” brings a rather adventurous meaning to the continent.


We are a hunting outfit from South Africa, private land owners, whom mostly hunt on our own land with a diverse species list.

We totally understand that hunting companions can become an expensive exercise and therefore am I prepared to offer a nice package deal for you.


We are situated in the western bushveld of South Africa were the hunting terrain still offers hard tough hunting conditions by walk and stalk or a bit easier from hunting vehicles. This all depends on customer’s capabilities and preferences.


As my own daughters aged 8 and 9 recently shot their first Impala’s and the joy it brings to the whole family ,we will be looking forward to bring that same pleasure to your family as your wife and son might follow in the hunting tradition.


This has been a pleasure in writing to you this email and please do not hesitate to ask any questions and if we can assist you in fulfilling your lifelong dream in becoming an African hunter.


Please visit our website for pictures of our camp and other info.


We are looking forward to hear from you soon


Kindest Regards

Conrad Theron
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Ladies and Gents of AH, My name is Matt Anderson. I've lurked around on here for years and now that hunting Africa is a real possibility, I decided to join. My Wife and of course my ten year old Son are both interested in sharing the experiences with me, which definitely makes it more doable than having a spouse resent a solo trip but indeed a bit more pricey.
I'm lucky enough to say I've been quite a few places across the globe, however, being Veteran, the trips haven't always been the most glamorous. That being said, I've always enjoyed the adventure and appreciated the wildlife wherever I've been.

I'm excited to learn as much as I can from you fine people and have already started saving my pennies, so I guess I'm officially in the pre planning/planning phase.
Advice is welcome!

Currahee. -Matt
Matt,
Welcome from another Texan. Enjoy planning and feel free to reach out with questions.
Philip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,200
Members
169,508
Latest member
rubberwebshop
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top