Hello from MUNICH-BAVARIA

Hello @Hunting-TED

I think that moderators will erase your email for privacy reasons. we can communicate over pm.
Anyway, I live in RIjeka.

You are absolutely right about prices in commercial hunting in Croatia. I dont like nothing about that pricing system, based on CIC score.
For the club members that manage their own hunting ground economically = pricing is more reasonable to hunt, but when in the club there is too much members, they make such rules that you can not shoot too much. (so, I can say, no money - no honey)

However, for animals with smaller CIC scores, below medal, pricing in commerial offers are more reasonable. My favourite hunts are roe buck in spring, and phaesant hunt in winter.
But I hunt other game as well depending of occasion and season.

For hunting I have O/U 12GA, 22LR, 30-06, 9.3x62, and my latest acqisition 375 H&H - this I bought for my forthocoming hunts in Africa (planning for buffalo in the future). I also have some other firearms, but for various target shooting disciplines. I am also memebr of 3 shooting clubs, and ISSF judge - referee for pistol, rifle and clay target shooting disciplines.
BTW here is my thread about hunting in Croatia:

In Africa, next hunt for me should be Eland and waterbuck in Namibia - postponed due to covid situation. Will test the 375 in the field then. Buffalo wil be planned, in the future after this hunt. I was on safari already twice, namibia.

Welcome to AH Hunting-TED! nice to have you on the posting side and looking forward to your contribution.
thank you :) it was MY EVER BEST IDEA to register, I have never supposed to get such nice responses! TED

Hello , thank you for wellcome :) I saw on your web site, you are from NZ ? Would you be able and willing :) to help in finding a red stag hunt ON NZ BASE ? all the others charge more then 6.000 U$ for a good stag and that ist not my small budget, BUT the stag should have mor than 360 (Silver-Gold).
My wife and me are also fly fishers. We plan a longer trip to NZ for 2024, when we BOTH will be retiered, then I will get my custom made by you? :) ! Unfortunately they intensified the law for knives in Germany, even as a hunter they controll you. I like your bullnose skiner knives and the 4x4 hunter ! I have about 50, but not (except 2 damaszener ones with bone handles) expensive ones I use PUMA and MUELA (from Spain) sunny regards from MUNICH TED
I am sure something could be arranged for 24 so do keep in touch and confirm things a bit closer to the time.
Garry.

Hello @Hunting-TED

I think that moderators will erase your email for privacy reasons. we can communicate over pm.
Anyway, I live in RIjeka.

You are absolutely right about prices in commercial hunting in Croatia. I dont like nothing about that pricing system, based on CIC score.
For the club members that manage their own hunting ground economically = pricing is more reasonable to hunt, but when in the club there is too much members, they make such rules that you can not shoot too much. (so, I can say, no money - no honey)

However, for animals with smaller CIC scores, below medal, pricing in commerial offers are more reasonable. My favourite hunts are roe buck in spring, and phaesant hunt in winter.
But I hunt other game as well depending of occasion and season.

For hunting I have O/U 12GA, 22LR, 30-06, 9.3x62, and my latest acqisition 375 H&H - this I bought for my forthocoming hunts in Africa (planning for buffalo in the future). I also have some other firearms, but for various target shooting disciplines. I am also memebr of 3 shooting clubs, and ISSF judge - referee for pistol, rifle and clay target shooting disciplines.
BTW here is my thread about hunting in Croatia:

In Africa, next hunt for me should be Eland and waterbuck in Namibia - postponed due to covid situation. Will test the 375 in the field then. Buffalo wil be planned, in the future after this hunt. I was on safari already twice, namibia.
Hello, thank you, would be nice to hunt with you for roe buck in spring :) Rijeka will be just 5 hours from Munich and my first visit was 1972 on KRK ! In case of your idea for Eland and Waterbuck I would suggest RSA (much more possibilities and much cheaper). I have had a gamefarm in Namibia and was a PH there till 1985. The best Elands in Namibia are round the ETOSHA. My (and since 40 years) favorite will be the farm STOLZENBERG www.stolzenberghunt.com.na Eland there 1100 € but waterbucks are expensive all over Namibia, because all of them are re introduced, because of never have been there!!! They more in the other countries like Zambia/Botsw/Zim/Mozam and RSA. I was a friend to the former grand dad there and I am quite sure, one of the best areas in Namibia) I will fly on 02.11.21 to RSA for Sable and Eland +++ they also have big buffaloes in the moment I have the offer for 38" old bull for 3.800 € Vidimo se kasnije TED

Welcome @Hunting-TED. I traveled to Bavaria a few years ago and was just WOWED by how nice and clean it was. Friendly people too. As far as a reasonably priced Red Stag hunt in NZ, there are a few hunt reports including one I did. The outfitter I used had been used and reported by a few other members on here. Nothing fancy, but a good value on a free range stag.

This is a link to my hunt report:

Hello and thank you very much for infos :cool:

Hello Hunting-TED,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Waidmannsheil,
Velo Dog.

Hello again TED,

With my apology, I should have said Waidmanns Grub.

Kind Regards,
Paul (Velo Dog).

Welcome to the family and the forum, you are in the right place!

Welcome, Ted!
Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Enjoy the forum.

Thank you, will mail if necessary :cool:

I am a new here :cool: Waidmanns Gruß (Heil we do not like any more :) ) be a hunter since 50 years, specially in all Europe (my wife is born in Hungaria, so we know this country very well like Latvia/ also France a.s.o.) so first of all I go to RSA/Namibia each year, not only for hunting, so whenever there will be a nice offer, please send TED
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information. If there is anything we can do for you please contact us.

Welcome aboard Hunting-Ted. Whether by luck or by chance you have discovered the best site on the web for hunters and fishermen. We all "love" the sport and are willing to share any and all of our expertise and experience. Please share some of your previous hunts with us via a hunting report and photos.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross