Hello from Arkansas

Arkansas_Traveler

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Texas, Michigan, Nebraska, Wyoming
Hello to everyone! I joined the site a couple days ago but haven't taken the time to actually type an introduction post until today.
My name is Jeremy and I'm an Arkansas native who has lived most of my adult life in other states (Missouri, Mississippi, Michigan, and North Carolina - mostly in Missouri though) and only recently returned to Arkansas.
I have been hunting most of my life (currently in mid-40's), mostly whitetails with a few trips "out west" to hunt antelope and mule deer sprinkled in over the years. I have not as of yet hunted Africa, but have finally reached a point in life where it appears that I may be able to realize that dream in the next few years, so I thought it might be time to go ahead and join here instead of just occasionally lurking.

I look forward to learning as much as possible and to making the first of what I hope are several African safaris in the relatively near future.

Thanks for the fantastic forum and the open exchange of information - it's a veritable gold mine for those of us who have only been able to dream thus far of Africa!

Welcome to AH Jeremy! Glad you found us and enjoy exploring the site.

Welcome to the AH community. So many resources and nuggets of wisdom for planning your dream trip. Best of luck in the process, and no question is stupid. Well, OK, there are stupid questions but most will be answered in a totally informative, nonjudgemental manner. Unless you ask it twice!

Welcome! Understand there is some great waterfowl hunting in Arkansas
Scrumbag, thanks for the welcome!
There certainly was great waterfowl hunting here in the past. I have only been back in state a year or so and did not pursue waterfowl this past year, but general hunting reports I've heard say that the duck numbers in particular have been very poor here the last few years. As to why that might be (if it is true), I cannot say. I do know I saw very few ducks in the fields when driving around the delta area this past winter - low enough numbers that I did not even attempt to hunt them. Not sure that's a fair assessment of the true state of waterfowling here though, as I certainly didn't see every place possible for them to be, and it's very possible they were more numerous than my casual road surveys led me to believe.

What I can say for a fact, however, is that when I was in high school back in the early 90's Arkansas was unquestionably a fantastic waterfowl destination.
These days though, I'm not so sure.

Hello and welcome!

Arkansas_Traveler, welcome to the AH forum! Beware, these guys will push you to Africa! Oh and it will become an obsession! Once you go, you will only be wanting to return!
Hope you enjoy the forum!

Scrumbag, thanks for the welcome!
There certainly was great waterfowl hunting here in the past. I have only been back in state a year or so and did not pursue waterfowl this past year, but general hunting reports I've heard say that the duck numbers in particular have been very poor here the last few years. As to why that might be (if it is true), I cannot say. I do know I saw very few ducks in the fields when driving around the delta area this past winter - low enough numbers that I did not even attempt to hunt them. Not sure that's a fair assessment of the true state of waterfowling here though, as I certainly didn't see every place possible for them to be, and it's very possible they were more numerous than my casual road surveys led me to believe.

What I can say for a fact, however, is that when I was in high school back in the early 90's Arkansas was unquestionably a fantastic waterfowl destination.
These days though, I'm not so sure.

Well sir, as you returned home I hope the ducks do, also!

Scrummy

Hello to everyone! I joined the site a couple days ago but haven't taken the time to actually type an introduction post until today.
My name is Jeremy and I'm an Arkansas native who has lived most of my adult life in other states (Missouri, Mississippi, Michigan, and North Carolina - mostly in Missouri though) and only recently returned to Arkansas.
I have been hunting most of my life (currently in mid-40's), mostly whitetails with a few trips "out west" to hunt antelope and mule deer sprinkled in over the years. I have not as of yet hunted Africa, but have finally reached a point in life where it appears that I may be able to realize that dream in the next few years, so I thought it might be time to go ahead and join here instead of just occasionally lurking.

I look forward to learning as much as possible and to making the first of what I hope are several African safaris in the relatively near future.

Thanks for the fantastic forum and the open exchange of information - it's a veritable gold mine for those of us who have only been able to dream thus far of Africa!
Welcome to AH. I lived in the Little Rock area for four years. I still belong to a deer hunting club down around Monticello, AR.

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey.

Welcome to AH. I lived in the Little Rock area for four years. I still belong to a deer hunting club down around Monticello, AR.
Little Rock is where we're living as well. As someone who grew up in rural Arkansas, I had a negative perspective on the city before moving here, but I have been very pleased with it once we settled in. Of course, the particular area we're in (West Little Rock) probably helps with that as much as anything.

@Arkansas_Traveler :S Welcome:

Welcome aboard Jeremy. Rest assured that we'll do our best to educate and inform you about everything you need to know about hunting in Africa. We'll also do our best to convince you that you NEED to be making that trip to Africa sooner rather than later. Use AH's search function to find previous posts on topics of interest to you. BTW what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload what species of African game are you thinking about hunting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg