Hello from Alaska

264Win

Reaction score
Member of
NRA

Hello from Alaska I am new to this I recently purchased a 458 Mauser, and was looking to book a brown bear hunt prices were thru the roof and I started investigating Africa. Plains game safari, even with travel prices were reasonable. Just wondering what I am getting into.

264Win

Welcome to AH may you have a great year..

You are getting into a whole new world of hunting.
Good luck.
Welcome.

Hello from Alaska I am new to this I recently purchased a 458 Mauser, and was looking to book a brown bear hunt prices were thru the roof and I started investigating Africa. Plains game safari, even with travel prices were reasonable. Just wondering what I am getting into.

Welcome, you don't know how appealing Alaska sounds right now from 106 degree Phoenix. What are you getting into? An addiction. Go to Africa once and you will find yourself wanting to go back. Once is too much and more than that is not enough.

First of all Welcome to AH!!!

From a once 22 year Alaskan Resident and life long hunter let me tell you!!! You are looking at going to a hunting Paradise that you will never be able to get off your mind, and the people you will hunt with will become the best of friends if not family the PH that we used who is the same age as my son that still lives in Wasilla calls my wife mom (she would ask him every morning did he take his medicine and he would say yes mom) we still email each other a year later. To sum it up your looking at doing the right thing and you have come to the right place to get all the info that you need to plan your first Safari to Africa.

Welcome to AH 264Win! looking forward to seeing you pull the trigger on Africa!

Welcome to AH! Once you go to Africa, your life will never be the same!

Thanks for the warm greetings, I hope to learn a lot here. I have a lot to learn and will have a lot of stupid questions. For now I have a lot of saving to do on a fixed income but am determined to go in a few years. If my health holds out I will make it if only for a cull management hunt. Trophy's are so expensive. But we will see what come of this.

Hi 264 Win,
Welcome to the forum. The members here will always do their best to answer your questions. They have excellent experience on topics and you will always receive good advise. That is what makes AH so great. Enjoy!

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH, as Phil put it is an addiction. You won't regret it once you do go, trust me.

nd

Welcome to the forum, 264 Win

Hope you make it to Africa !

Hey 26Win,

Welcome to the forum and I know you will find all the information you need right here in AH.com. If you are intrested in some good value for money packages please check out our website at www.hvsafaris.com.

Looking forward on talking to you more on the forum...

Best rgeards,

Jacques

Welcome to AH. You have live in one of the most beautiful states in our union. Africa is a different world with different animals and sights. It's the polar opposite in every way.....literally! It is like nothing you have ever seen. One you go you will fall in love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross