Gun Porn...

Some Before and after pics
started with a Plastic Cheap Savage/Stevens in 243
and ended up with a bedded and Pillared Heavy Barrel in 223 kind of turning a sows ear

P1000613.JPG
P1000622.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Savage Model 116 SS 300 Win Mag Boyd thumbhole vented stock.

View attachment 10643
I dig the 116 300 wm @Bobpuckett. I have the same rifle. I'm in the process of customizing it. I just bought a timney trigger and a Choate stock. The next upgrade will be an E.R Shaw heavy barrel. I used to shoot the rifle a lot but was very unhappy with the factory stock and junk trigger. It was due for an upgrade. Can't wait to get it done and run some rounds through it, hell I may start hunting with it again!
 
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
I dig the 116 300 wm @Bobpuckett. I have the same rifle. I'm in the process of customizing it. I just bought a timney trigger and a Choate stock. The next upgrade will be an E.R Shaw heavy barrel. I used to shoot the rifle a lot but was very unhappy with the factory stock and junk trigger. It was due for an upgrade. Can't wait to get it done and run some rounds through it, hell I may start hunting with it again!
You might also try Apache Gun works They make a Hell of a barrel for the money I have 2 and I,m really Impressed with the quality
 
You might also try Apache Gun works They make a Hell of a barrel for the money I have 2 and I,m really Impressed with the quality
Thanks, I've had a heckava time finding good heavy barrels for that. I'll check it out and see what they got. The E.R. Shaw barrels look very nice and are pretty reasonable but I'll see what Apache has. Who knows they might have a better deal! Thanks
 
Thanks, I've had a heckava time finding good heavy barrels for that. I'll check it out and see what they got. The E.R. Shaw barrels look very nice and are pretty reasonable but I'll see what Apache has. Who knows they might have a better deal! Thanks
I just recieved a SS Heavy sporter from them in 338-06 Last year I bought a 7MM-08 I don't know a hell of a lot about barrels but my GS says the work is first class,
 
@Rob44 thanks for the suggestion, I checked them out along with about a half dozen or so others. I went a head no ordered the Shaw but the Apache was a close second.
 
@Rob44 thanks for the suggestion, I checked them out along with about a half dozen or so others. I went a head no ordered the Shaw but the Apache was a close second.
I have a Shaw on a Mex Mauser in 22-250 it's a good barrel Post up some pics when it's finished,
 
I have a Shaw on a Mex Mauser in 22-250 it's a good barrel Post up some pics when it's finished,
Will do and thanks for the suggestions
 
I figure I'll post a few of the rifles I use a lot
Ruger American 270 win
image.jpg

Ruger guide gun 416 Ruger
image.jpg

CZ 550 375 H&H
image.jpg
 
Two Mannlicher Schonauers and a Mauser 66 in the centre.
image.jpg
 
One on the left is my 308. Middle one,Mauser 66 IIRC is in 6.5x55, Mannlicher on the right,Ivars,is 30-06.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,930
Members
169,650
Latest member
CyrilJudy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top